AVIC411.com

How to trouble shoot - F900Bt keeps rebooting while driving

Have had the unit installed for about two weeks. Works great (except blut tooth phone book transfer). Last night while navigation was on and playing SD card - F900 shut off and reboots continuously.

Back up camera

2.0 firmware

blutooth phone.

Works when sitting still, but reboots when driving faster than 15 miles.

Loaded my sd card with teasmode. Booted to testmode. Even reboots in safe mode faster than 5 miles an hour?

UPDATE

Determine what is failing in your system, you will have to do a little testing

There are 3 possible components that could have failed - Head unit, software or antenna

Test for antenna:

Even though the F900BT has an indicator for antenna error, the antenna can be bad. There is specific electronics in the antenna that is needed for the F900BT

Remove antenna and drive vehicle at speeds greater than 25 mph. If the unit works (no navigation) , MOST LIKELY it is the antenna.

I have tried other pioneer navigation antennas, but they generate an error on the screen.

Test for Head unit

With the antenna unplugged, drive at speeds greater than 25 mph. If the unit keeps rebooting, most like bad head unit.

Test for software

If the head unit keeps rebooting ALL THE TIME or may not boot up properly, there is a possiblity you may have a corrupt file.

HOW TO KEEP YOUR UNIT FROM REBOOTING WHILE DRIVING (no navigation features)

1) Let the unit boot up.

2) Press and hold the reset and the eject button.

3) Release the reset while holding the the eject button

4) Listen for audio pop from speakers.

5) Look for the menu and map button background lighting to change

6) Release the eject button

You will have to perform this rest every time you start the car.

I am having the exact same problem. On day i started my my car and m F90Bt kept restarting. Tested everything. Noticed that it would only shut off if i went over 30 Mph. I thought the VSS (vehicle Speed Sensor) wire was grounding out somewhere, but checked it and it wasnt. I even took the unit out and checked the connections in the back and everything was fine. after experienting, i unplugged the gps antenna (disabled the gps) and it worked fine again, but with the obvious loss of gps. I'm going to try reflashing the Unit..i'll let you know my progress..

This would have been really helpful last week when I had a similar problem. Turns out my problem was the bad software problem. Here's how I fixed it. I know this method has worked for at least one other member on this forum who had the same problem (i.e. continuous rebooting regardless of speed, antenna, etc.)

1) Download the F90BT backup files from http://66.59.250.9:8000/. This will take a day or two, so use a download manager so you can resume. You can also use an FTP protocol. User name is avic. No password (just leave it blank).

2) Unzip and copy the files to a 2GB SD card

3) With the car switched off, insert the SD card, then start the car. The system will boot into testmode

4) Open "My Device", go to "My Flash Drive", go to edit -> select all then press the delete button (the big black X)

5) You'll get a bunch of warnings about files you're deleting - ignore them and select "yes to all" (this is where you really have to trust me, heh).

6) Navigate back to "My Device" (i.e. up folder key).

7 ) Open your SD card and copy the F90BT backup files (make sure the folder structure is the same as the ones you deleted (i.e. you should see APL, APL2, APL3 and others).

8) Navigate back to "My Flash Drive" and paste those files. This will take a while (20 minutes or so).

9) Cycle off and on your car and enjoy.

Thanks alot Duke, I followed that steps and everything loaded fine, but unfortunately my system still restarts after 25 mph.. so i am convened it is my antenna. going onto eBay now to order a replacement one.. if that still doesn't work then i'm just going to send it into pioneer..