AVIC411.com

mp3 format on DVD's

hi i was playig around ith nero and got it to burn in mp3 format and i got 8 hours of music on about 1/4 of the dvd now i brought it out to the car to see that it would work but no good, anyone have good experiences with getting a DVD with tons of mp3's to play on their avic n2?

thanks in advance.
thanks for the responce, i chked it out but i cant seem to get this to work does anyone know first hjand that uses a n2 that the dvd with mp3's on it does work?
iv tried about 7 diff programs, nero, roxio, audio dvd creator, ect ect

and i get diff errors invalid format, invalid dvd

please help if anyone knows a easy way or a deff way to do this
Look through the Operating Manual - I think it says something about "DVD Audio discs cannot be used" in the unit. I would assume this is for pre-recorded and home-recorded Audio DVDs.

As for loading a bunch of MP3s onto a DVD data disc, I don't have an answer. Maybe I'll try it later - I just got a DVD writer last night and haven't installed it yet.
yea i dont know where my manual is, but iv heard mixed opionins about this, some say yes it an be done and others no, so if nayone accomplishes this please let me know how it was done,
thanks for all help
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
As someone already mentioned burning with a program that just converts MP3's to DVD sudio is not the same thing as a MP3 DVD.

a MP3 DVD would let you have tons more albums of music per DVD.
My buddies new JVC car stereo does this fine, takes awhile to load the DVD MP3 tags when you insert, but its a ton of MP3's on a DVD.

DVD Audio is still just MPEG2 sudip I belive, so you only gain from the fact that the DVD has more space than a normal CD.

So you might be able to get 8 CD's on a single sided DVD. (rough math here)

But on a MP3 DVD you would also gain from the compression of MP3's!
So you can normaly get about 5 CDs on a normal CD in MP3
you would get 40 CDs on a MP3 DVD!

I would think Pioneer would have this in the newest software releases.