AVIC411.com

Left and Right channel fading: Horn related?????(wierd)

Ok, this is very wierd and need some help because I have absolutely no idea of what´s going on. I have the same issue as many other people had regarding to the left or right chanel "fading" when lisening music through the ipod. Some say it´s the pioneer cable (I use the pioneer cable) because there has been no problems reported using apple´s cable.... ok here´s what I discovered today... I was driving back home and my right channel was not sounding well.... (it´s always a different side, not always the same one) so I honked to the car in front of me and voila..... the right channel came back to life. Like I salid it´s not always the right channel, sometimes is the left and I´m sure it´s got to be related to the ipod cable because I don´t have the same issue with CD, Radio or SD.... So if anyone could think how the hell are the honk and the ipod cable related in any way????? I can´t afford to buy a new apple cable right now so for now all I can do is try to fix it because it´s driving me crazy and I´m totaly lost.... if it helps my system consists of

Polkaudio SR6500 Front

Polkaudio MMC6500 Back

Clarion EQS746 equalizer

amp: Polkaudio PA500.4

F700BT

Car: VW MK4 jetta

So if anyone has any idea of what the problem might be???? I will check the wiring but I´m sure it´s all OK because I´m obsessive in having it PERFECT!!!

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm not alone, this is a common problem, I just want to try and figure out what does the car horn have to do with the ipod cable..... how is the horn making the "dead" channel come back to life???????? I'm still lost so anyone that has this issue, try pressing your horn when one of your channels fades.

(I'm not joking, this is happening to me so i't would be helpful to know if somebody has the same horn related problem)

• 2 weeks later...

I figured out how to fix this issue. I just unplugged the video source of the ipod cable and so far the problem has been resolved. I don´t watch videos on my car so its not a problem to disable it. Though I still don´t know how the video is somehow related to the car horn. Maybe like I salid before a poor ground on the video RCA of the cable...