AVIC411.com

Speed Limit Mod

Looking for some advice. I wanted to put the speed limit next to the route info box. I currently have the following line in navigatemap.ui file:

This works fine and shows me the current speed limit of the road. I want to take this to the next level and instead of text have a graphic of a UK road sign. I am only interested in 20,30,40,50, 60 & 70 limits and have graphics for each of these limits. My plan was to put a sprite in place for each of the graphics and use the visiblemodel to show the correct bmp.

I read the US speed limit thread and copied my 30mph bmp (called speed_30.bmp) to ui pioneer\common and added the code below:

This didn't work and my unit just kept rebooting, I took this line out and the unit boots fine so obviously something is wrong. My questions would be is ui pioneer\common the right place to put the bitmaps or should they go in ui pioneer\800_480? What does the $ before the bitmap name mean? I've seen bmp set with $ and without, what's the difference. Did I get the visiblemodel syntax correct for AND logic and checking the speed limit?

If anyone has any advice to save me a lot of trial and error and running back to the car I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Matt

I think you use a phasemodel if iGO is supposed to select one of the subimages based on the parameter value. So I would not use it here if you only have one... I'd try taking that out first.

Also, I don't think you can do ocmparisons in visiblemodel that easily... I'd move that logic to a script in navigatemap.ui running it off of onchange event of speed_limit and set visibility for different speed limit values there.

Alternatively, you could fake something that lookls close enough by using just a blank bitmap for the sign background and superimposing speed limit text with all-black font on it...