AVIC411.com

wire information 2008 silverado

killcrafter, that one single wire is probably your steering wheel control wire, if equipped. Additionally, did you happen to pick up the 224.99 (MSRP) adapter for your truck, namely the Metra GMOS-LAN-01? That P/N will be different for the bose system, by the way. GMs are all f*cked up and use a data system, so an analog wire for the VSS is asking too much, and probably the reason why they are going out of business. I work in a car audio shop for a living, so give me some more details about what you are working with and i can provide some assistance....

PS. Worked on a 08 Lexus RX400h the other day, and relays still clicked for the turn signals, and the radio still turned on and off with the key. Now that is a company going in the right direction.

Got the radio in and working using the pac 03 with bose. had to take the whole dash out to get the wires and pac box above the ac ducts. no room behind radio. now when driving the map always says updating. is this because of VSS not hooked up. that single wire green white hooked that up and now my abs, brake light are always on and my DIC says service trailer. check all the plugs again that i disconected for the dash removal all good. any ideas?? Question does the factory GM nave use a VSS wire if so wich one is it??? I can get to my wires nice and easy now there right behind the fake wood trim.. any ideas have looked all over google and ask and yahoo for the ABS light can't find any thing. don't want to go to the dealer for some thing simple..

Thanks for the help

Got the radio in and working using the pac 03 with bose. had to take the whole dash out to get the wires and pac box above the ac ducts. no room behind radio. now when driving the map always says updating. is this because of VSS not hooked up. that single wire green white hooked that up and now my abs, brake light are always on and my DIC says service trailer. check all the plugs again that i disconected for the dash removal all good. any ideas?? Question does the factory GM nave use a VSS wire if so wich one is it??? I can get to my wires nice and easy now there right behind the fake wood trim.. any ideas have looked all over google and ask and yahoo for the ABS light can't find any thing. don't want to go to the dealer for some thing simple..

Thanks for the help

I have the 07 silverado and mine does the whole updating thing too. I wanted to think it was related to the XM unit downloading information. But I dont remember it doing it all the time.

Are you still looking for wire information for your truck? VSS was the only one I had an issue finding. Its in the unit next to the p brake release leaver.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT try hooking up the Z1 VSS up to any random wire. The GMs are extremely sensitive and will throw trouble codes for simply looking at the truck wrong, and will more than likely have to be reset by the dealership. I highly, highly doubt that there will be a VSS wire behind the radio, in the form that we are used to seeing it (AC voltage as speed increases), being that GM uses a single wire to do OnStar, door chime, illumination, and even turn signal clicking sounds. I can check at work on the tech sheet for your trucks and let you know what it says. Any decent interface module should provide data decoding and give you the VSS, illumination, reverse signal and even parking brake.

As far as your green/white wires goes, whatever you have hooked up to it probably backfed some type of signal into it and caused chaos to the PCM.

Even without VSS, the pioneer should be able to learn how to track the vehicle, given enough time.

I will check on your VSS and report back.

-Steve