AVIC411.com

any news about the update?

Hi, is there any news that Pioneer is willing to update F series with new map software and fix finally the heading north problem in 2D ? or its only my dream wish ?

also SD card resume would be nice.

Is that that much to fix ? I know they dont even care once they sell anything, i feel like technologicaly holocausted of the main futures

There is another thread that had some updates on new models and software upgrades but that's all speculation at this point.

It's not up to Pioneer to fix the 2D things because they use 3rd party navi software. If they didn't care they would not release updated they did.

personally i think its their responsibility to maintain the product at the top level. telling thats its responsibility for the 3rd parity is funny. If there is a quality control then there should be responsibility for the major mistakes. What 2D heading up display is. This problem is one of the greatest from all. Any other device can do that feature, even from pioneer, and they release a model that cannot do just a simple function ? C'mon from the programmers point this is something that could be done very easily by someone who created the whole software. is that too hard to change that ? i don't think that they are so lame to not be able to do that. or at least someone from pioneer or the third parity should at least tell us how to fix that.

i did not mean to attack any fellow American citizen ... my appologizes

There is another thread that had some updates on new models and software upgrades but that's all speculation at this point.

It's not up to Pioneer to fix the 2D things because they use 3rd party navi software. If they didn't care they would not release updated they did.

personally i think its their responsibility to maintain the product at the top level. telling thats its responsibility for the 3rd parity is funny. If there is a quality control then there should be responsibility for the major mistakes. What 2D heading up display is. This problem is one of the greatest from all. Any other device can do that feature, even from pioneer, and they release a model that cannot do just a simple function ? C'mon from the programmers point this is something that could be done very easily by someone who created the whole software. is that too hard to change that ? i don't think that they are so lame to not be able to do that. or at least someone from pioneer or the third parity should at least tell us how to fix that. pioneer was considered as one of the best, by this they felt very low, its just another American stupidity.

I love it when Eurotrash get on the internet and blame their problems on Americans as a whole. :roll:

personally i think its their responsibility to maintain the product at the top level. telling thats its responsibility for the 3rd parity is funny. If there is a quality control then there should be responsibility for the major mistakes. What 2D heading up display is. This problem is one of the greatest from all. Any other device can do that feature, even from pioneer, and they release a model that cannot do just a simple function ? C'mon from the programmers point this is something that could be done very easily by someone who created the whole software. is that too hard to change that ? i don't think that they are so lame to not be able to do that. or at least someone from pioneer or the third parity should at least tell us how to fix that. pioneer was considered as one of the best, by this they felt very low, its just another American stupidity.

Oh yes, blame the Americans because of your ignorance. The maps and software that the F Series uses is called iGo 8.0. That particular version DOES NOT support north heading no matter which OS you put it on. The 8.3 version does. A fix for this by pioneer would be to update the iGo version, so like S4 said, it's not Pioneer's fault. And like Lawvol said, the unit is not made in the USA so how is it America's stupidity? Please know what you're talking about before making idiotic remarks.

As for the question regarding the update, a 3.0 update is scheduled to released in the late Spring and will reportidly take care of the remaining bluetooth and iPod problems. Nothing was yet said about the navigation aspect.

You know, this thread is way off base now that I am not even going to explain how things work in real life.

Also, just FYI:

Pioneer - Japan

iGo - Hungary

You don't have to use 2D. There is functionality in 3D that you want but you go and figure it out.

EDIT: While I was typing Catch was typing to and he worded it nicely.

ok, i was just trying to find out when they will fix the problem, but its going somewhere else ... my apologizes for all

Oh yes, blame the Americans because of your ignorance. The maps and software that the F Series uses is called iGo 8.0. That particular version DOES NOT support north heading no matter which OS you put it on. The 8.3 version does. A fix for this by pioneer would be to update the iGo version, so like S4 said, it's not Pioneer's fault. And like Lawvol said, the unit is not made in the USA so how is it America's stupidity? Please know what you're talking about before making idiotic remarks.

As for the question regarding the update, a 3.0 update is scheduled to released in the late Spring and will reportidly take care of the remaining bluetooth and iPod problems. Nothing was yet said about the navigation aspect.

still i dont understand how does their quality control work, for me its just fail.

You know, this thread is way off base now that I am not even going to explain how things work in real life.

Also, just FYI:

Pioneer - Japan

iGo - Hungary

You don't have to use 2D. There is functionality in 3D that you want but you go and figure it out.

EDIT: While I was typing Catch was typing to and he worded it nicely.

I have been an AVIC F700BT user now since last July, almost 8 months. I too was annoyed about 2-D mode not having the ability to track heading up. I was really hoping for a fix when each update came. They didn't. I had tried 3-D mode a few times, tried to like it and a few things like the Big Red arrow and all of the excess clutter and what not made me not like it. But then i did a lot of reading on this forum, asked some questions, read a bunch of threads. I resized my 3-D arrow, cleaned up some clutter, did the software bypass, got rid of the keybeeps and so on... I now love 3-D mode and can not even go back to 2-D mode. It works very well now and looks really good. I would still like to see that option added in the next update, but for now, my F700BT works very well. I may even upgrade to an F-90BT pending the release of a newer model in June. For those so annoyed, be patient, Give 3-D mode a shot and see what happens in a few months with a another update.

i did try the 3D, its just too slow, because everything is calculated in 3D so it takes more time to process the map, personally i dont care if any building is animated in 3D or not, the whole point of GPS is to give good accurate and fast information while behind the wheel. For me I just cannot get used to 3D view even with tilted to like 2D view. If I knew how to change it, for sure its very simple but since there is no such a thing like a support from either company, i can only hope they will fix it, but i think they will not, and they will only release some unimportant fixes.

I have been an AVIC F700B user now since last July, almost 8 months. I too was annoyed about 2-D mode not having the ability to track heading up. I was really hoping for a fix when each update came. They didn't. I had tried 3-D mode a few times, tried to like it and a few things like the Big Red arrow and all of the excess clutter and what not made me not like it. But then i did a lot of reading on this forum, asked some questions, read a bunch of threads. I resized my 3-D arrow, cleaned up some clutter, did the software bypass, got rid of the keybeeps and so on... I now love 3-D mode and can not even go back to 2-D mode. It works very well now and looks really good. I would still like to see that option added in the next update, but for now, my F700BT works very well. I may even upgrade to an F-90BT pending the release of a newer model in June. For those so annoyed, be patient, Give 3-D mode a shot and see what happens in a few months with a another update.

Dude, your problem sounds like it's more with America than Pioneer. You can say it's sold by Pioneer USA all you want, it doesn't change the fact that it isn't built here and Pioneer is not an American company, they have an American division to the best of my knowledge (please correct me if I understand this wrong). America is the greatest country in the world so go F%$k yourself. Sorry all, except Pertodumbass, I'm watching the President on CNN and feeling a little too patriotic I guess :oops: