AVIC411.com

Euro Unit Voice Control

Ok i made a new topic just after the forum refresh but it got deleted so i am going to try again.

Basically as an EU owner i am peeved of i have not got voice control and i have been trying for months to get it myself but i cant figure it out so i wanted to try and get some help from you guys. let me tell you what i tried.

Adding English-us files to my eu unit.

modifying the different files such as SYS to match the US unit.

Copied over any other reference i can find to VBT software.

I havent really gone into the data.zip as worried about losing the TMC but i am willing to try if anybody has any idea, id be happy to upload an eu firmware backup but im sure someone here has one online anyway.

Any help would really help guys as im too close to going back to my standard ford stereo with voice control.

Thanks

Ant

Ok guys over the last day i have been fliddling with firmware basically i installed US firmware onto my EU unit it was basically identical i choose english UK as the language though so im going to go and try again but choose english US with uk voice did not work.

but on a general note anyone with US units should be safe to install EU backups on their unit as i had no problems my FM range was normal and the maps showed up fine i didnt have time to test TMC but il check that a bit later although i belive the hardware is missing from the US units.

Il report back if my english US gets me voice activation.

OK no success there, i was only able to choose ENglish UK as system language which makes me wonder if that is what the underlying problem is, i was able to choose the US voice but that didnt give me what i needed but the thing is all the settings menus were the same so there was no Ipod thingy to do the whole databasing thing so im beggining to wonder if it is hardwired into the unit like a location jumper or something, i really am out of ideas after the firmware on my unit is basically all US except the maps, poi and license files and it still doesent work i need to do some uni work but il try and look at those 3 remaining folders over the weekend and let you know if i find anything.

Ant

• 2 weeks later...