AVIC411.com

700bt will not come on in morning

• 2 weeks later...
Each morning when I start my car the 700bt will not boot up. The buttons on the side light up but after 20 seconds go off. I can hear the fan on the unit running but have a blank screen. After I drive roughly 20 miles and turn the car off then back on the unit works flawless for the rest of the day. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

I think I have the same problem. I installed my F700BT a week ago. It worked fine last night and for the past week, but this morning....black video screen and backlighting changes to red. I do get the splash screen, but that's it. (I only drive 5 miles to work. ) After I started the car, the splash screen came on, but the screen went blank until my iPhone 3G connected (I get the notifier). Then the screen goes blank again and stays that way. The kicker is that my sources play just fine.

I tried resetting the unit multiple times, but nothing. I too would like to know what's causing this?

This all was covered in a post that I started when I had the same problem. Answer: your battery is not staying charged overnight or not at all. Have your battery checked. You will find out that you need a new battery. In order for the unit to boot it needs more then 9.5 volts sustained. One of the posts above even said after driving the car( charging the battery) the unit worked. It seems to simple but its true.

This all was covered in a post that I started when I had the same problem. Answer: your battery is not staying charged overnight or not at all. Have your battery checked. You will find out that you need a new battery. In order for the unit to boot it needs more then 9.5 volts sustained. One of the posts above even said after driving the car( charging the battery) the unit worked. It seems to simple but its true.

Make that 10.8 volts. (It's in the spec and I verified it wouldn't work below 10.5 V)

I would say it is not a good thing if the HU looses voltage and gets a blank screen when the operator is in the middle of installing a mod, making a configuration change or selecting something to play. In my case it just would shut down at startup with the blank screen. Once I ran the car a little, thus charging the battery, it worked fine and did not reboot during a session. Replaced the car battery and everything was fine. MODS and all.