AVIC411.com

afraid of voice recognition

i haven't heard of many people complaining that the avic misinterprets voice commands. i am too afraid to use the voice activation for name dialing, as i had a few phone calls to contact i rarely speak to so it was awkward. the avic does not always disconnect right after the hangup buttons (hard or soft) are pressed. i decided to limit voice recognition to ipod, but occassionally the avic thought i was wanting to call someone and started dialing. i wish there was a way to use vr just for ipod to prevent this. anyone else have this problem?

also, this is sort of unrelated, but a search yielded an unsolved issue. anyone else get "not found" when navigating by first letter of an artist, album, etc. for certain letters? I tried doing VR update (which i wouldn't think would work anyway) as someone suggested and when i go to, for example, W, in the search, i get a "not found" even though I have plenty of albums that begin with the letter w. i then have to go back to "T" and manually scroll to the W's.