AVIC411.com

Audi B7 Guys Please Help! Audi install with slight problem..

I just installed the F900BT in my car and everything works great until you turn on the head lights and fog lights then you get a buzz from the speakers. Has anyone had this problem? Any fix?

I have a 2008 Audi A4 a ton of mods but haven't done anything to the head lights except change the fogs from stock bulbs to yellow bulbs. I also had a complete system from components and amps to a sub installed.

Thanks in advance!

... until you turn on the head lights and fog lights then you get a buzz from the speakers. Has anyone had this problem? Any fix?

How is your illumination wire connected? Did you use a CAN interface product like the Connects2 or did you tap a wire somewhere?

I have a 2006 B7 with no buzzing issues. However, I did a simple tap to one of the dash vent dials a few inches away from the HU (they are all illuminated). Some people on this forum and others talk about running a wire all the way to the headlight switch or fuze panel. I thought this was a bad idea, so I found an alternate method.

The best solution seems to be the Connects2, however I installed my HU before I found out about the Connects2 functionality. I would recommend you also do a SEARCH on this forum for other causes of buzzing.

When the install shop did the install they said the Illumination wire wasn't connected.

Why didn't they connect it? The unit will be way too bright at night without it.

What is the connect2?

It's a CAN BUS interface product. If you search this forum you'll find a lot of good info on it.

If you are talking about the controll for the steering wheel i told them not to put it in bc i am changing my wheel and the controlls will be disabled anyway.

IDK why they didnt hook it up in the end its not to bad at night but i can see how it would help. Would that really make a difference if it buzzes with the lights on or off?

Would that really make a difference if it buzzes with the lights on or off?

You said it only buzzed when the headlights were on... so it only made sense to find out how (or if) you connected the illumination wire to the HU.

I would recommend searching the forum for similar buzzing issues.