AVIC411.com

F900BT Continuous Reboot - Can't Get To Test Mode

Hi guys.. I've read a lot of these posts and I can't seem to find anyone that's having the same exact problem as me, so here we go:

Have the F900BT running in a 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser - 40th Anniv., plugged into stock amp and speaker system.. Unit started continuous reboot cycle a few days ago after months of decent (but slow) use on the original software. After checking connections to see if something was loose (to no avail), I looked online and found this site. (originally bought off ebay dealer, had installed at best buy)

Tried downloading and applying the 2.0 firmware upgrade. When I loaded my SD card and inserted it and cranked the engine over, it took like 200 reboots before the thing finally booted from the SD card. Almost like it didn't recognize it right away. Finally, went through the upgrade process in about 10 minutes, followed the reboot instructions and it was still continuously rebooting, but actually loaded the NAVI menu and all functionality ran great on 2 occasions - which tells me there's no hardware problem. GPS constellation, bluetooth, everything worked well - *once it booted up*.

So then I read about deleting the user files off the flashdisk as a potential solution to the continuous reboot issue and figured I'd try that next.

So this morning I downloaded the testmode file, unzipped it and copied the two folders (testmode and MiTACAP) to the SD card. Everything else on the SD card I moved into a folder I created called "Archive" just to get it out of the way. Loaded this card in, cranked er over and nothing. Just goes to that pioneer screen for about 10 seconds or so, goes blank, and then does it again. I did notice with the SD card in the slot, it does not "try to load into NAVI" (can't remember what the other message is - system loading or something)..

But, nevertheless, I just can't get the system to boot into testmode so I can at least look around, clear the flashdisk files - whatever. Any ideas on how I can force it to boot from the SD? Or is there something wrong with my SD card (it worked fine for the 2.0 firmware upgrade)... should I get rid of that Archive folder I created so the only two folders on there are testmode and MiTACAP?

I can't help but think this is completely software related because when the unit (once in blue moon) decides to boot up, it runs wonderfully until I shut the vehicle down and start her up again.

Ideas?

Thanks from a Noob

When you try to boot it into testmode, do not start the truck, just turn on the ignition.

You'll see pretty much what you described, along with a typical windows copy file box.

Once that goes away, you should be able to click on the X in the top right corner and try replacing the files.. IF you need it, I have a copy of the entire flash drive from a Version 2.0 brand new unmodded F700, and the two modded files to enable the speed and traffic cam functions.

Good Luck

Yeah, I tried that (just turning the key to ACC).. still just rebooted, showed me the Pioneer splash screen, went black and rebooted again. Didn't want to read off the SD card. Maybe I will try removing that Archive folder from the SD card or something..

Thanks for your reply! Of course I'm going to need to be able to get in to testmode to do any flashdrive work.

Do you think that maybe they disabled the capability to boot into testmode with the v2.0 firmware upgrade?

Ok, so I got it to work. It would not boot with the key at ACC, but after I fired the truck up and started driving it booted off the SD (about 10 minutes later after several reboots). So I was able to go in to WinCE and follow these directions to wipe out some user files to see if that was the problem:

Boot into test mode

Navigate to the 'My Flash Disk/USER/UserData/iGo/save' folder

Delete all files in the 'save' folder (there will prob be 4 files and 1 folder)

Navigate to the 'My Flash Disk/USER/UserData/SETUP' folder

Delete all files in the 'SETUP' folder (there will prob be 5 files)

Exit test mode and reboot normally

Of course, as luck would have it, upon reboot the same problem continues. Just shows the Pioneer splash screen and reboots.

Any other suggestions? You mentioned the flash drive files in previous message. I guess I don't understand why replacing those would work if I just went through the v2.0 firmware upgrade. Doesn't that replace those as part of the process?