AVIC411.com

Connecting the zune to the Avic f-900 bt

Hey all!

Recently I installed the Avic f-900bt, but can't quite figure out how to connect my Zune to it. I've tried using an auxiliary cable and connecting it in the front jack since the pioneer website said the auxiliary jack was in front but, it doesn't work. Can anyone help?

The front jack should work, you have to treat the Zune as a generic MP3 player and use the headphone out on it. Then you'd just need to swap over to the AV2 input, (tell it no video) and it should work.

When madsonp refer to "the only unit that works is the ipod" they're referring to being able to control the unit via the AVIC, and indeed, that's not possible for the Zune.

If you're not using an ipod at all, you can use a Zune to RCA output cable and run it into the AV1 input in the back for a nice hidden installation.

There is already a thread detailing this. There is no control from the head unit but there is some sort of docking cradle with remote for the Zune that will allow you to control the Zune and display the interface on the screen of the avic. I dont remember the thread title but you can search the forum for further details.

There is already a thread detailing this. There is no control from the head unit but there is some sort of docking cradle with remote for the Zune that will allow you to control the Zune and display the interface on the screen of the avic. I dont remember the thread title but you can search the forum for further details.

ive been looking for a while for that thread and no luck :evil:

I am using my zune using the Zune Home A/V pack and it works great. The kit costs about $70 but comes with the dock, A/V cables and the wireless remote.

Hooking it up is very easy, connect the A/V cables to one of the inputs and connect the USB to the USB on the Headunit. You cannot control through the stereo but you can still see everything on the screen, and control with the remote.