AVIC411.com

6th Gen Ipod Classic Won't stay connected

I have a strange problem with a new Ipod.

I can connect the Ipod(6thGen) to the unit and it will work for a while. Then after a few days(I have yet to find the specific pattern), the Ipod won't stay connected. It will connect, show the pioneer splash screen on the Ipod and then immediately disconnect.

I have the 900bt with the CD-IU230V to connect the Ipod.

I am not sure where the problem lies. I can restore the Ipod to factory defaults, then reload the data, and it will work correctly for a few more days. But this is a very annoying thing to do, as it takes a few hours to copy the music/videos back to the device.

I also have a 1st gen Nano that works correctly every time.

Has anyone come across anything similar? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I have done a bit more testing.

The connection to the Ipod breaks when I pop in my sd card while the unit is booted up normally. I believe there is some content on the sd card that is causing the problems. I use the SD for my phone and for modding the unit, so I have not figured out what exactly is causing the problems.

Also, it is the same scenario. If I reset the Ipod in Itunes and resync it, it starts working correctly.

The unit also behaves very strangely when I insert the same SD without the Ipod connected. It will keep saying "Non playable media skipped" and then the unit eventually locks and either I reboot it, or it reboots itself.

As of right now, my assumption is the "My Flash Disk" folder in the root of the SD card, but I will have to sort out the exact problem and submit to Pioneer so that they can fix it in the "next" firmware release.