AVIC411.com

let the flaming begin noobs questions

Before anyone says anything i have extensivelyread through the threads.

I started the software bypass realized not so easy, so i did the hardware bypass, move the mute ground it with the lightgreen, didn't work. so now i want to do the softwware, i got as far as putting testmode on an sd and starting my car from this point i am lost, i have read the threads on this but they confused me the more i read, can someone explain it in very simple moron terms. thank you.

also my system freezes up after i use the BT for a phone call is this common, I have the avic-f700bt

thank you in advance

Jason

I performed the hardware bypass without issue. Just double-check the following:

- The mute wire was moved to the proper position

- The mute wire has a solid connection to the ground wire

- The parking break wire has a solid connection to the ground wire

- The ground wire is connected to your car chassis

I used sturdy wire taps and checked continuity after each connection. If all the above points are confirmed, the bypass will work.

FWIW, I never attempted the software bypass.

Hope this helps.

PS - When my F90bt "locks up" after a bluetooth call, I pull the battery out of my Verizon Blackberry Curve 8330 and the F90bt un-freezes. I think the problem is more with the phone than the head unit.

I agree with captain dean up there...

if you want to do the software bypass... its actually really easy in 3 simple steps.

step #1- DONT DO THE SOFTWARE, DO THE HARDWARE INSTEAD

step #2- DO THE HARDWARE, DONT DO THE SOFTWARE

step #3- Look at steps 1&2

everything you did was right, moving the pin and grounding it with the parking brake... very simple, but somehow and somewhere you messed up. check everything again cause it should work, and if you did the software... you STILL need to ground the parking wire anyways... so either way it WILL NOT work if your wires are not grounded.

that will be 5 dollars. thank you very much

and i love you.

What part of the country do you live in? You might find someone to help guide you that way, I would do it if you were in Omaha. I did both the siftware and hardware when I did mine either way is very simple if you make sure to execute each step exactely as described.