AVIC411.com

Bypass Nightmare

I tried to do my bypass but it was a nightmare. The shop that installed the unit jerry rigged it i guess. When i removed the unit there were 6 wires cut and sodered together?! I doubt this is the proper way to install this. Im not good with what each wires are for but heres how the back of my unit looks:

1-the green parking brake wire is cut and sodered to a green and white wire

2-theres a a purple wire sodered to a green and purple wire

3- i cant remember what out 2 wires were sodered together off the top of my head ill look tomorrow

here the thing, i cut the parking break wire from the green and white wire and and tied the mute wire to it and spliced them to the ground wire, my unit would never recognize my car as parked. I would be parked with my e brake pulled and it still thought i was moving. I reattached the wires that i cut and the unit works fine again but this is a mess. Will i have to get a new harness and reinstall the unit?

NOPE, you almost have it... the mute and the parking break wire HAS TO BE grounded, you are correct.... but it sounds like you didnt move the mute wire yet. correct?

your gonna have to use a flat head screw driver and push the mute wire out and move it to the 4th pin slot (between two black wires). That should do the trick!

as for your unit and the wiring... it sounds like they made a mess of things... BUT if it works then it works... no need to buy another harness. try that first and if the unit doesnt work. bring it back to the installer and discuss that with them... or burn down his house which ever is more convenient for you.

i love you.

well i grounded all the wires correctly and moved the mute wire. the problem is i cut the parking break wire from the wire its sodered to and do the bypass correctly but the car thinks i am in motion. the problem has to do with the wire thats attached to the parking break wire