AVIC411.com

Tv Tuner GEX-P5700TV -how do I install this thing?

[quote name="GnatGoSplat"]IP-Bus does not supply power. You should be able to tap into any constant power source or tap into your harness, whichever is more convenient.

You only need to hook up the yellow and black wires. Yellow to constant power, black to ground. Leave the red unhooked.[/quote]

cool. so red wire and green brake wire is okay unhooked?

...or do i need to ground the green brake wire?

(my N1 unit is bypassed)
I'm looking at the [url=http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/130/130P5700TV.PDF]GEX-P5700TV manual[/url] now: Red wire definitely leave unhooked.

Not positive on the green wire, manual says to hook it up to the P-brake, but on my GEX-P7000TV, the green wire only needs to be hooked up when the switch on the bottom of the unit is set to "Stand Alone" mode.

If you can test it without putting everything back together, I'd try it first without hooking up the green wire. If everything works, you're good. If not, then hook up the green wire. You might be able to get away with just connecting it to ground [i]if[/i] it's needed.
[quote name="GnatGoSplat"]I'm looking at the [url=http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/130/130P5700TV.PDF]GEX-P5700TV manual[/url] now: Red wire definitely leave unhooked.

Not positive on the green wire, manual says to hook it up to the P-brake, but on my GEX-P7000TV, the green wire only needs to be hooked up when the switch on the bottom of the unit is set to "Stand Alone" mode.

If you can test it without putting everything back together, I'd try it first without hooking up the green wire. If everything works, you're good. If not, then hook up the green wire. You might be able to get away with just connecting it to ground [i]if[/i] it's needed.[/quote]

much appreciated, thanks.

bought the unit used, so the manual didnt come with it...
[quote name="GnatGoSplat"]Did you connect the AV-BUS cable too? That has the video.
You need to connect both IP-BUS (data+sound) as well as AV-BUS (video).[/quote]

thanks that did it/

so for everyone, all i did was wired the black ground and the yellow wire... all else untouched

tv reception is great!