AVIC411.com

F700BT Booting up question

I just installed my HU yesterday, completed the install and bypass and all working great thanks to this great site :wink: . My question is this: When I put the car to the on position (not starting it), my unit turns on and works fine, starts playing music or whatever, but when I turn on the ignition, it reboots and starts up all over again. Is this normal? or did I just mess up the wiring on the install. looked through all the posts but couldn't find much on this. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

LUP3

Perfectly normal, at least as to how the Avics work. Starting your engine causes the voltage supply to your Avic to drop to a level that is low enough to make it think it's been turned off. That's Pioneer and their infinite wisdom in designing this range.......... but you're not alone, it pisses off most owners :wink:

Thanks for the quick reply dumpystig. That actually makes me feel alot better. I thought I totally messed up on the wiring. I took the HU in and out about 20 times installing it thinking that it would be the last time everytime i did it. :?

LUP3

Most vehicles will do this. I don't think I would blame this one on Pioneer. When you turn the ignition, almost all of the battery power will be used to turn the starter. My F150 did this even with the stock radio. When you turned the key, the stock HU would go dead while the starter was cranking. I think it's more obvious with the F series Pioneers because there is an actual operating system booting up. Most stock HU's don't have an operating sytem to boot. Just my 2 cents...