AVIC411.com

slingbox to avicf90bt

Just joined cause I am purchasing a avicf90bt tomorrow. I did severeal searches and came up with no real answer to a question I have. I am buying a new laptop that I will be veiwing my slingbox on, I am hoping to be able to hook the laptop up to the new avicf90bt and watch the slingplayer on the avicf90bt. I dont have a cellphone with coverage or capability for mobile sling player and I also dont want the extra expense of doing that. If anyone knows how to do this please responde.

For the record this is a show car and will only be used for show purposes. Thanks everyone

Just joined cause I am purchasing a avicf90bt tomorrow. I did severeal searches and came up with no real answer to a question I have. I am buying a new laptop that I will be veiwing my slingbox on, I am hoping to be able to hook the laptop up to the new avicf90bt and watch the slingplayer on the avicf90bt. I dont have a cellphone with coverage or capability for mobile sling player and I also dont want the extra expense of doing that. If anyone knows how to do this please responde.

For the record this is a show car and will only be used for show purposes. Thanks everyone

I have the Slingbox HD pro! I watch TV thru my laptop with wireless card. you need internet connection.
I can watch it on a laptop ok but I am wanting to send the video feed through the avicf90bt thus sending it through all my other monitors in the car while at a show.

how are you going to get the video at the laptop?

do you know how the sligbox works?

1. the slingbox will be at home connected to your router.

2. the video output from DVD or Dishnetwork into the video/audio of the slingbox

3. with your laptop connected thru wireless card will have access to your home network that way, you would have access to control your video device. It is the coolest gatgets ever. I have my dish connected and I can watch live TV with full control.

Yes It is great but I dont think we are on the same page, I know it works and I know I can play it on the laptop but I want to hook the laptop into the headunit and display the laptop on the head unit. I have the slingbox working and all and can access it anywhere and intend to on wifi but I want to send the image to the head unit from the laptop or if I dont need a laptop someway else .

Yes It is great but I dont think we are on the same page, I know it works and I know I can play it on the laptop but I want to hook the laptop into the headunit and display the laptop on the head unit. I have the slingbox working and all and can access it anywhere and intend to on wifi but I want to send the image to the head unit from the laptop or if I dont need a laptop someway else .

is going to be pricey. I founf this treat bellow. I think the best way if you use an Ipod with video. laptops are very limited

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/gu ... pMultimon5

What an awesome thought! I'd think you'd be able to get the laptop to work easy enough with a VGA to RCA cable but I might be missing something there. Don't think the wifi idea's going to work very well unless you're planning on parking somewhere to use it.

This got me thinking about my phone. I use my Slingbox pretty much exclusively on my phone preferably over wifi but it works great over 3G as well. I don't think most WM phones are really made to hook up to monitors but there's got to be some sort of adapter or software out there that could do this.

Just took my phone and a flash drive out to my truck and the flash drive worked as expected with one song on it but my f90BT didn't even recognize my phone as a USB device which I thought was weird even though it may not have a since audio or video file on it.

Anyways, there may be a ton about this on the site so I'll start searching around and see what turns up.

Yes it will be used on wifi just at car shows while on display. I doubt wifi would work well moving. I just placed the order for my avicf90bt and I am really quite excited for it, moreso then I have been about anything for several years so I hope it is as good as I wish it is.

I did find some vga to rca adaptors for like 63 bucks which might do what I want it to. I also am working on 3D graphics for the splash screen so if I come up with something I like I will post it.

Yes it will be used on wifi just at car shows while on display. I doubt wifi would work well moving. I just placed the order for my avicf90bt and I am really quite excited for it, moreso then I have been about anything for several years so I hope it is as good as I wish it is.

I did find some vga to rca adaptors for like 63 bucks which might do what I want it to. I also am working on 3D graphics for the splash screen so if I come up with something I like I will post it.

I have a sprint HTC touch pro there is a cable that you can hook up for video out then I have the Pioneer CD-RM10 hooked into the front plug of the Unit then you can use your monitors in your car to display anything that was on your phone. You can do the same thing with your laptop as long as you have some type of web connection.

The F90 came in a couple of days ago and I did the mod. It will be awhile before it is installed since my truck did not have a double din and I am building a console for it as well as the sub box etc. I will post pictures later of my install.