AVIC411.com

New Z3 drive and now I can't get the GPS to read speed.

So ya, the system seems to work fine.

I did a reset in the screen where it lists 3D calibration.

Now if I go back to that screen it just says Sensor is calibrating or something like that.

Also, in the Map selection area if I select the screen that shows the speedo etc I get a message over the speedo that says This function not available.

The tracking works fine, I have a good GPS signal and have at least 300 miles of driving on it now.

No I don't have the speed sense wire plugged in and I have never had it plugged in. The speedo has always worked, at least when it had the Z1 drive.

I read through the manual looking for some setting, I've played in about every screen and I cant seen to find a solution.

So I'm here asking for advice.

What am I missing?

Do you have the following PAC? This would make it really easy.

The C2R-VW allows you to replace the factory radio in 2002-2008 VW CANbus vehicles. The C2R-VW wiring harness is pre-wired for a plug and play connection to the SWI-CAN to retain steering wheel controls. This will dramatically reduce installation time.

• R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power) +12v output.

• VSS output.

• Illumination output.

• Parking brake output.

• Reverse trigger output.

Compatible Vehicles (with Monsoon, Dynaudio or standard audio systems):

2006-2008 EOS, Rabbit

2002-2008 GTI, Golf

2002-2007 Passat, Jetta

Refer to connection instructions for vehicle specific features

Latest Revision: 1.4a.2.

Car already had after market stereo installed so nothing other than a simple adapter was used.

I did look into getting one though and after digging into them it wasn't worth it. There is no CANBUS at my radio as is wasn't originally equipped with a Double Din stereo.

So none of those wires (VSS, REVERSE, PARKING BRAKE) were even there :(

Here is a quote I still had saved from when I was searching for install goodies.

"2002-2005 VW Vehicles do not have a reverse or parking brake signal on the can bus. The green and red/white wires do not function for these model yeah vehicles. Parking brake and reverse signal wire's can be foud with a volt meter in the vehicles factory wiring. Vehicle must have the factory installed double din headunit (4" tall)."