AVIC411.com

I had this problem once. I wasn't sure if it's because it was cold outside and the hard drive could have been malfunctioning, the F-series messing with the Ipod or w/e.. but I connected the Ipod to the computer, did "Restore Ipod", reuploaded all the songs and it stopped doing that. I recommend you try the same.

I think it's most likely your Ipod, rather than the F-series. Ipod handles all the decoding and the sound that comes from it just passes through to the amp inside the unit. If it skips (as in pauses, and then plays from the part where it skipped) it means most likely your Ipod is struggling.

I don't think it's the iPod because I can faintly hear the songs continue to play when it goes out. The songs continue to play as if it doesnt skip but the sound definitely cuts out. It could be the amplifier but I doubt it because I had no problems with my AVIC-D1 in the same system. I'm starting to think its a ground connection of the HU or some inherent problem.