AVIC411.com

What does the bypass do? (Sorry.)

I've read about a lot of people doing the bypass, and I'm wondering what it does. From what I can gather, it just lets you play video files while the vehicle is in motion? Otherwise you have to have to parking brake on?

Does it allow anything else? If that's all it does, I think I'll be fine without it and would rather save myself the trouble of attempting to modify the unit in any way unless it would benefit me greatly. I don't plan on watching videos in my vehicle any time soon, especially while the vehicle is in motion (although it might be neat to play music videos when passengers are in the car, but I'll pass).

I just installed my AVIC-f90bt yesterday and without it bypassed you could hear the audio but it didn't have any video. I did this by-pass which is done with just the wirring harness and it worked perfect.

From WIRE SIDE of small white plug

Mute wire (YEL/BLK) is in upper row, left pin

Move this wire to lower row, 4th pin from the left (empty pin between 2 black wires)

the pin directly below the mute wire does not work

Ground YEL/BLK & LT GRN and you're good to go

This was very simple to do. The hardest thing was to remove the yellow and black striped mute wire. The easiest way for me to do it was to take a small flat screwdriver and press down the medal tab where the wire snaps into the white plug and slide the wire out. Once the wire was out you just bend the tab back up a little bit and slide it into the 4th slot from the left on the bottom row of wires. Once that wire is in it's new place just connect it and the light green parking brake wire to your ground wire and your done.

I just installed my AVIC-f90bt yesterday and without it bypassed you could hear the audio but it didn't have any video. I did this by-pass which is done with just the wirring harness and it worked perfect.

Move this wire to lower row, 4th pin from the left (empty pin between 2 black wires)

This was very simple to do. The hardest thing was to remove the yellow and black striped mute wire. The easiest way for me to do it was to take a small flat screwdriver and press down the medal tab where the wire snaps into the white plug and slide the wire out. Once the wire was out you just bend the tab back up a little bit and slide it into the 4th slot from the left on the bottom row of wires. Once that wire is in it's new place just connect it and the light green parking brake wire to your ground wire and your done.

audio and video should work. I can watch batman on my way to school.

check your grounds again maybe. something has to be up.

These are good directions. I know instructions are all over this site, but the trickiest part really is getting that mute wire out of its original position - and this isn't typically emphasized. The only thing I'd add (as has also been posted here previously) is just to make sure the mute wire is fully seated in its new position. Push it in really well.

superman8262, I think you may have misread chrisfountain's post - the bypass is working perfectly for him. The audio/no video was pre-bypass.

so let me get this straight, i connect the mute wire, light green parking wire, and ground wire all together? and then hook it up to a ground location?

After moving the pin for the mute wire, yes, that will work. Those wires just need to be grounded one way or another - all together, separately, whatever. They don't need to be connected together, although that's fine too.