AVIC411.com

iPod Classic Gen5 won't work?

I have a D3 in my 08 Mustang GT and my gf's Gen 5 works with no issues at all. Full controll from the D3.. she bought a new Accord :roll: not too long ago and just discovered the audio jack. ..now I can't steal her iPod anymore.

So I bought a referb Gen 5 - 30g

It's basically the same thing as my gf's, but black.. mine will not work at all with the D3. You plug it in, and the iPod screen on the D3 pops up.. but nothing happens. None of the buttons work and the fields do not show anything.

Any ideas? :?

Thanks,

~j

I don't understand it... this is the only reason I bought the damn thing.

I've reset the iPod mutiple times, tried different settings on it, tried 3 different software versions, reset the AVIC-D3, and retried my gf's Gen 5.. hers works everytime, but mine still will not. The D3 pops right to the iPod screen, but my iPod acts as if it's only plugged into a charger... :x

New Update: Damn POS still will not work.. but I noticed that when I plugged it into the cable prior to turning the car on.. the iPod display says something to the effect of "Apple iPod is not compatable with this device" then it flashes "safe to unplug" or something like that ....wth does that mean? :?

That's really wierd. Where did you get the iPod? If it was refurbished from the Apple Store, the only thing I can think of is that they added the extra security protection that will only allow apple certified products to be connected to it while it was being refurbished.

Maybe you can get your gf to trade iPods with you.

• 1 month later...