AVIC411.com

DVD Volume vs iPod/FM

Hey, I have a F90BT with my iPod hooked upto it.

It seems like my DVD audio is quite a bit lower then my iPod/FM stereo audio. It's not a huge deal because I can turn it up and make it easily heard but when I turn it up I start to hear background noise/hissing and it irritates the crap out of me. iPod/FM i keep the volume to about 20/25 and it sounds fine, but for DVD I need to double it (40/45) to make it match the same output of my iPod/FM.

Any idea what causes this and/or know a fix?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it all comes down to the way that the sound is recorded for DVDs, there has to be much more "headroom" for movies, basiclly most sounds in a movie are going to be very quiet compaired to the loudest sound possible like an explosion, otherwise when hooked up to a surround system, every thing would either be too damn loud like gun fire going off constantly, or the explosions would be very realistic because they would just be as loud as every one talking. its one of the biggest problems when trying to watch a movie on anything other than a fancy home theater system.