AVIC411.com

Does anyone have this data.zip issue?

Excuse me if this sounds well very basic. I am at wits end searching the threads and trying everything possible to mod my system a bit. I have made some mods that I would like to upload to my F700BT. Problem is, my system just will not take them. I even tried to upload one of completed mods from these threads to see if it would work and well - nope I get the same thing - thick lines going through the screen, original icons showing instead of ones saved to image.res, the navi disclaimer overlapping the screens and the arrow is just an arrow - no car.

I decided to take most of the MyFlashDisk files and look at them on my pc to try to figure out what might be the problem. In looking at them I noticed that my F-700BT (which came with the firmware 2.0 already installed) does have the same image.res file as those on these threads but the data.zip file is quite different from the ones available on these threads.

For one, my data.zip is not a zip file. It is just a data file and contains the following folders:

Sound

XM

SplashPic

VCInfo.dat

The data.zip files on these threads have:

audio

config

fonts

gfx

project_config

ui_pioneer

ctype.dat

FFkeymap

So I am wondering if anyone else has the data file I have on their recently installed F700BT. Plus, if these files are needed - where could they possibly be if you do not have a data.zip file? What would happen if I installed the data.zip to MyFlashDisk?

I appreciate someone replying. It is very frustrating to know others just seems to have no problems while I am here thinking I have the only F700-BT that has a mind of its own.

I do have both the testmode and the Mitacap files and have been using them to get the files and upload and...well...revert back for the updates do not work.

I think the data file I should be using is in the APL2 under iGo not the one under the MyFlashDisk. I am gonna check in a bit (just got up..not sleeping well for this darn thing has been bugging me for almost a week now)

Question still remains though - do I have to do something to the data.zip file in order for the image.res changes to work? I know they are two different files in different locations (thank you Boris) but maybe they are inter-related to each other somehow.

There are lots of other possibles too -

Maybe there is another file that needs to be changed or

Maybe the vertical icons in the data.zip (the ones that have stationary, active and grayed out) need to be changed as well or

Maybe my changes do not accept on the sytem because I am using GIMP (do not have photoshop).

I am just trying to figure out why I seem to be the only person here who cannot get the system to take the updated image.res. I tried almost every possible listed step by step here...they are scattered but I think I found just about everyone of them.

Until I know it works on my system, I do not want to put my mods, themes on here.