AVIC411.com

Anyone put a F900BT into an 01' Tahoe or similiar GMC lately

Shotgun, are you still out there?

I converted my 01 Tahoe to a double din. First you'll want to remove the plastic sub dash that holds the radio and A/C controls. Cut out the back of it out so you have just the two sides. Mount the A/C controls 9/16" lower and make some sheet metal L-brakets for your radio. Buy the 03-06 dash bezel, it will snap right in place and looks nicer than modifing your old one. I used a BKGMK422 kit to fill in the space around the radio and the dash. The most time consuming part was mounting the radio. To achieve the best fit, mount the radio and then snap the bezel on to check fit. Adjust the radio mounting until the fit is exact.

Got some newbie questions:

Q1: Can I use the BKGMK422 dask kit on an a 01 Tahoe w/o the 03 dash bezel if I mod an 01's bezel from a 1.5 DIN to 2.0?

Q2: Also, what is the issue which creates the loss of the cigarette lighter and ash tray? I assume it must overlap them or something like that. If so, then couldn't the tops of them be cut down to allow them to open properly? or does the 03 overlap them so much so that they still would not open? Got any pics of this area of your 03 dash?

Q3:Any thoughts on where I can find the sheet metal brackets and what size screws do I need to use?