AVIC411.com

Hey, I'm brand new to this. I just installed the AVIC-F700BT, did the parking break bypass, and my sound comes in and out VERY frequently. I get about 3 to 4 seconds of sound, then 3 to 4 seconds of silence. Only seems to do it when the vehicle is in motion. Parked in the garage, the sound is fine. I know it sounds like a short of some kind, but I've triple checked all of my connections. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

im in the same damn boat... i am really starting to think my unit is bad. i can run rca outputs from another source and it works great... rca from the f900 and i get intermintent crap... i've got 22 hours of screwing with this think and rewiring it over and over, and i'm sick of it. has anyone ever had d.o.a. f series?

So, I think I solved it. I tucked my wiring harness down inside the dash as far as I could to relieve pressure off the plugs on the back of the deck. This seems to have fixed the problem. I must have a bad connection or short somewhere in one of those plugs when they are jammed into the rest of the harness.

I had that issue running an IPOD. While connected via the usb/video cable, and while the Navi was trying to reroute, I would get silence at times. I solved it temporarily by selecting no route...though I hope this is not a permanent solution. Any other solutions are more than welcome!