AVIC411.com

DVD+R questions... which brand to choose? how to copy?SOLVED

The Avic-z1 is supposed to play DVD+R... But I can't seem to copy a disc and make it play on the Avic.

The Avic has a hard time reading the disc and it skips... I'm using Verbatim DVD+R and burning at 4x (my slowest speed). The disc plays on my computer and the Avic plays original DVD very well.

What am I doing wrong here? :(

I'm trying to copy music videos downloaded over the net...

The DVD+R plays fine on my computer... just not on the Avic-Z1.

It skips as if it was dirty... actually it plays like half a second of one chapter, freezes, then it skips to the next chapter.

I think it is a burning issue... burned too fast? (4x)??

• 3 months later...

I just had a problem similar to this one about a week ago with a cheapy DVD player in my office... I converted an .avi file to a DVD iso in Linux using DeVeDe and then burned it to disc using K3b and the disc played all dodgy in the DVD player. I have used the DeVeDe/K3b combo at home with no problems so the moral of the story is, sometimes things are just janky and you have to try out different a combination of software to get what you want.

Edit: As a sidenote, the software combo I noted above DOES work for making discs to play in the Z series, I burned a copy of Ironman this way for a drive down the California shore shortly before I deployed and the disc played great the entire way.