AVIC411.com

AVIC-F90BT Feature Questions

I am considering installing the Pioneer AVIC-F90BT in my 2006 Ford Mustang GT replacing the stock Shaker 500. I am wondering if the F90BT has speed sensing volume where the volume of the head unit will automatically increase if the speed of the vehicle is increased. I would also like to know if it is compatible with Ford's accessory delay feature where the F90BT will remain on for up to 10 minutes after the vehicle has been turned off or until a door is opened. Thanks in advance!

The F90 doesn't have the speed sensing volume ability. The delay feature will depend on how it's wired up. My Expedition stock radio didn't have this feature and I thought it would be nice to be able to do that when I installed my after market Pioneer. I found a lead in the overhead consol that I could tap into that retained power until the doors were opened so I connected my switched power lead to it so now it does have that feature. If your current stereo has that ability then I would think you'll be able to connect the F90 to be able to do the same thing.

In my 06 Ford Fusion it has the delay where it keeps the stereo on ~10 mins until the door is open. I DID NOT use a harness as i wired it up myself. The delay is still there.

It has nothing to do with the stereo. The car simply cuts all power off after a certain period of time. No harness is needed.

In my 06 Ford Fusion it has the delay where it keeps the stereo on ~10 mins until the door is open. I DID NOT use a harness as i wired it up myself. The delay is still there.

It has nothing to do with the stereo. The car simply cuts all power off after a certain period of time. No harness is needed.

That's not true. It depends on the model and year. Many Fords and Lincolns do have the feature implemented in the stock radios. They get the data from the CAN bus, or other data buses. Some don't have a switched power connection to the radio at all.

Your one experience with one car does not give you the ability to make a blanket statement about all cars.

That's not true. It depends on the model and year. Many Fords and Lincolns do have the feature implemented in the stock radios. They get the data from the CAN bus, or other data buses. Some don't have a switched power connection to the radio at all.

Your one experience with one car does not give you the ability to make a blanket statement about all cars.

I never said all cars... my first 5 words it says "IN MY 06 FORD FUSION"

So chill out.