AVIC411.com

iPod video problem... How to get full screen playback...

What format and program are you guys using to get full screen playback on the F700BT. I'm using my iPod touch and im having two major problems.

1) If I use H.264, it wont let me transfer the video to my ipod, even though its supposedly supported.

2) If I encode videos at the widescreen setting which is 368x208 then it has a box around it when playing on the avic screen.

Any help?

This is what im talking about, why can I put this in my media library, but not transfer it to my ipod. iTunes will play it no problems, but if i try to put it on the itouch it says it cannot be played on the device.

wtf452.jpg

Anybody?

I can get it to work fine if I use regular mpg encoding but then the problem is that I cant get it to fill the damn screen. If I encode it as widescreen I get black bars on the top bottom and sides, if I encode it in 4:3 then it just has bars on the side.

How do I encode to fill the whole screen?

Just to get this out of the way, and I dont know what the forum policy is on how you obtain your software and content.

But I have literally EVERY available encoding suite.

CuCu, IMtoo, PQ Software, Active, and all of them produce the same result. I cant transfer the H.264 encoded file to my iTouch. And the troublesome thing is, the H.264 videos are half the size and look way better and I only have an 8gb iTouch so space is at a premium. I downloaded an H.264 version of Ratatouille that was encoded at like 636x3xx or some odd resolution and it transferred NO PROBLEM.

So what the hell am I doing wrong? There has to be something we're missing if even the default h.264 settings in these supposed ipod converter programs are getting it wrong.

Try 640x480 and pan scan. That is what I use and get full screen on my 90Bt and iPod Classic. Head unit set to full screen.

Movies that are native 4:3 are hit or miss. Some will fill the screen while others have bars. Native 16x9 fills every time.

I picked up the 640x480 resolution from the manual and the pan scan setting from one of the guys on the forum.

I use iSofter DVD Platinum

Nevermind, I didnt realize that you needed to have video playing while you go to AV settings if you want the change to full screen to work. Ok, I got full screen video working now. Now if we can figure out how to get H.264 videos to transfer to the iTouch i'll be a happy camper.