AVIC411.com

AVIC-F700BT or AVIC-F900BT

My AVIC-D1 Died this week, it will not power up at all. I checked and I do have power going to the unit so I am sure it is a dead unit. :cry:

Other then AVIC-F900BT plays DVD's and the AVIC-F700BT does not is there any other differences between them? Watching DVD's in the car is not something I would do much of, so it is something that is not too important to me.

I am thinking the AVIC-F700BT is going to be a lot better then my old AVIC-D1 and with the cost of this unit (I found it for $429.00 with the rebate) It is not really worth trying to get the AVIC-D1 repaired. But if the AVIC-F900BT is a lot better then AVIC-F700BT I might want to consider it.

Also the pics I have seen looks like the AVIC-F700BT/AVIC-F900BT swap out with the AVIC-D1 so I will be able to use the existing harness I have in place for the AVIC-D1. Does anyone know if that is the case?? I would be great if it does.

Thanks for any help

I just bought the F700BT (over the F900BT) since I was able to find it for $350 shipped through Amazon. A few other differences beside the DVD player are that F700BT don't have MSN direct capability, no VVS sensor, and the black face of the unit is less glossy than the F900BT (though it is still certainly shiney and nice looking :o

IMO, unless you're of need for a dedicated DVD player, get the 700. I play vids from the SD card and my iPhone, and both work great.

I don't have experience with MSN Direct, but I don't see the need to pay for movie info/gas info/traffic info.

VSS= vehicle speed sensor. It's a way for the GPS to dead-reckon your position if signal is lost.