AVIC411.com

Say i went to kmart and purchased the unit. When i got home i opened the box and discovered it was damaged. When i returned to the store they took the unit back and said, well we're going to have to look into this we'll send you an e-mail in a couple weeks to let you know. would you say ok you keep my money and i'll go home with nothing and wait for your answer in a couple weeks? I think not, thats not how biz works.
some big differences with your "what if"
1. That retailer would likely be a authorized dealer, which brings with it certain rules about warranty.
2. There isnt another party involved who ships it, and is responsible because of insurance being purchased.

I mean come on, put yourself in their shoes, they got some customer "saying" the unit is broken and that it got to them that way. People are not all honest, meaning the retailer could be dishonest, or you could be. Now they are stuck with a unit that is broken and they likely sold it for something silly low above cost making it even less worth selling to you to begin with. So, to help both sides, they go by the policies agreed to prior to the purchase. what were they? whats your ebay id or link to the sale?