AVIC411.com

Boyo camera not working after lift install!!!

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on what might have happened here. I have an Avic-d3 with a Boyo backup camera. Did the install myself and everything was good. 2 months later I get the shop to install a lift on my Jeep and it comes back with the camera not working!!!! Ugh! I've checked all the connections behind the Avic unit and everything looks good, checked the connection back near the camera end and it looks good. I know the power to the radio was obviously shut down during lift install because I had to redo all my settings on the Avic.

Any ideas????

Thanks!

Thanks for the ideas. I'll check on that cut wire tomorrow. All the wiring for the camera is inside(except for the very end near the camera and I checked that) the Jeep so didn't think they'd be cutting any wires in there....but it's worth a look!

As far as the settings that were suggested, can you elaborate on that. Because when I installed the Avic and Boyo camera I didn't have to adjust any settings within the Avic. As soon as I plugged it up it just worked! Keep in mind that I'm using the AV1 input on the avic to run this camera.

Thanks guys!! Keep em coming :)

Gotcha. But didn't necessarily want it to come on every time I put in reverse. Had it hooked up to the AV1 where I could turn it on and off at will. That worked great until they installed my lift. Going back to the place of lift install tomorrow to see if they've got any ideas as to what might have happened.

Thanks.

ok, but why would you not want it on when u reverse? follow me for a second here, if your not looking at the screen when u go in reverse, your looking in the mirrors on your blind spots, you dont necessarily have to look at the screen. as far as at will you push the map button then hit rear view when ever you want. that's what i do, and everyone who's unit i installed do when they want to see whats behind them.

• 1 month later...

Well.....I finally figured out the problem! I know when you hear this most of you will probably be thinking...."man, she doesn't even deserve to rock the Avic for that no brainer!!!" When the power was shut off due to the lift install, it reset the AV1 input to the off position. I had never even known that there was a tab within the Navigation/Initial/AV settings to turn the AV1 on and off!! :shock: The fact that it hadn't effected AV2 kind of sent me on a wild goose chase. That's my story and I'm stickin to it!

So, tomorrow I will be pulling the radio back out and hooking the camera back up..... :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the input guys!