AVIC411.com

pre-installed f700...can't find AV input?

Folks, as you know, I bought my new rig with the F700 already installed. My problem is, I see the USB cable in the glove compartment, but can't find the AV input anywhere. Any idea where it is? Is it 100% part of the f700, or is it just too short that it's impossible to see?

The reason I ask is I wanted to get the CD-IU230V cable, but don't want to get it if there's nothing on the F700 to plug it into! ;)

It should be in the dash behind the head unit.

Ya the F series has two harnesses in the back. Hopefully whoever did the install actually put both in. The second harness is only really needed if you have am amplifier. Since you have a 700 its posible they did not do a hardwire bypass of the parking brake as this is the secondary purpose of this harness. The second harness could have been left out to leave extra room and make the install cleaner. Also I dont know the process to take apart this dash either. google it and you can prob find dissasembly instructions. The second harness will have RCA jacks that are about 8" long for sub, backup cam, av1 in(r/w/y), av out(r/w/y), and a mute wire. Again this harness may or may not have been isntalled. Good Luck