AVIC411.com

Hey guys, tried doing a search on this but all I kept coming up with is the mute wire or muting the nav voice.

Is there a alternate way (besides just turning down the volume) to mute the 900BT deck (i.e. hack to hardcode a actual button or anything)? Anytime I try to push and hold the knob, 9 out of 10 I activate the voice feature. The other times I actually get it muted I can't get it turned back off. thanks

no you can;t mute the deck.

however, you could press OFF in the AV source screen with the active source playing. It soft switches it off.

But I hear you; a mute function ought to be there :(

its just frustrating. Every Pioneer deck I have had in the past has had a ATT button of some kind. The whole pushing and holding the control knob for a few seconds to mute it is kinda retarded since the knob is multi-directional. o well. Thanks for the replies guys

if you really need it, you could always wire in a small pushbutton switch to the mute wire and mount the switch somewhere like the dash kit

Dont need it that bad. lol. I just thought that maybe with all the hacks people have done like muting the nav voice, someone might have come up with a way to soft code a mute button