AVIC411.com

Difficulty with Hardware bypass

So I did the hardware bypass and it seems that about half of the time I get a caution message saying that the system detected an improper connection to the parking brake. BTW I have a F900BT and with the ver 2.0 update. I thought about also performing the software bypass but someone in another thread said that doing both bypass mods would result in a bricked unit. If anyone can help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it

The hardware bypass really isn't that difficult, and a lot easier then mucking around in the software (IMNSHO)

It sounds like one of your connections is flaky, usually a crimp tap that's not tight enough.

Summary for those playing at home:

Move unused mute wire

attach that and the Pioneer parking brake lead to common ground.

Soldering is a lot more reliable then a crimp on.

I checked all the grounds (the modified mute and parking brake wire) and they are both good, I noticed that it only gives me the error once I get rolling above approximately 10mph and reverts to full functionality once I come to a stop. Based on that I am wondering if I should just do the software bypass as well to change the speed setting in the pioneer.ini file.

So I will ask of the more technically astute members of this forum, will performing the software bypass in conjunction with hardware bypass damage my unit (go ahead and laugh) or would that correct the problem that I am currently having?

Doing both will not brick your unit.

But you have a bad connection on the hardware bypass, that's what's wrong.