AVIC411.com

Install questions (2004 F-250 SuperDuty)

Very useful indeed. What type of dash kit did you use (brand and model). I am putting the F series in my 04 F250 - have read a ton of threads on it stating to use the Metra 99-5805 but that is hard to find without ordering online. there are some similar scosche kits at wally world but I am not sure they will fit as nice.

Do you have pictures of the finished product?

• 2 weeks later...

I found the metra 99-5805 kit but it did not come with a rear clip and the f700bt will not fit through the opening of the trim bezel provided with the kit. Am I missing something here or is the metra 99-5805 not fit the Avic f700bt in a 2004 F250?

Please hel the install is supposed to get done tomorrow...

i googled that model # and it lookes right, the hole unit will not fit through the hole in the kit, just the front face, its just a little smaller than the body of the unit, plus the dash trim needs to be trimed a little on the top and the bottom (just dont touch the sides) to make the unit fit into the dash

Thanks, I got it in

The unit had to be mounted much more recessed than I had hoped, this is because the trim bezel did not fit the radio well and with the metra kit on the unit it was far too wide for the opening unless I had the side brackets sticking out about .5" beyond the front of the radio. The kit does not work great on this application, it would probably have fit much nicer with the pioneer double din sleeve and trim bezel. I might change to the pioneer kit one of these days...

Thanks again