AVIC411.com

d3 Makes "popping" or "thumping" noise repeadedly

i have had the d3 for a little over a year now, ive had my ups and downs but it was working fine for awhile until today when i installed the swi-ps adapter.

I have no idea what i did, but i installed the swi-ps adapter and finally got it to work(that was a pita itself)

when i rehooked everything up to make sure it all worked, the steering controls worked, but the avic d3 was making a loud repeated thumping noise. It keeps repeating unitl i turn the car off.

Ive never had this problem before today. I have used the unit pretty regularly for the past year+.

Anyone have suggestions as to what could be wrong?

I checked all my wires, and unhooked most of the accesories, except for the power harness and the av cable and the radio. it still was thumping. I rechecked all my wires and they are not wrong, ive already grounded the av wires for hissing last year, and i rechecked the connection there.

I have it hooked up to an aftermarket amp and speakers.

im thinking i fried the unit somehow when i was tinkering, but maybe someone can tell me otherwise

thanks alot