AVIC411.com

step by step to add 3d buildings, sky and speedcam to data

Can anyone please help me with a step by step to add 3d buildings, sky and speedcam to my data.zip. I have tried to do this numerous times and cannot get past startup screen. Please help i have already read hours upon hours of posts. Thank you

for 3d buildings you need to download building files, add license and add this line on the [debug] section of your sys.txt

[debug]

enable_buildings=1

this is the link for the hacked ezrider, i don't know if you need those but included in that download is the license i used to make the buildings appear,

http://rapidshare.de/files/40903102/ir.zip.html

for the speedcam go to this link

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17820

read the instructions and just use the ui's that is needed for it

I have a question for you. I have been reading hours of posts almost 10 hours in the past 2 days and I am going crazy. People keep updating their files and I am getting lost. Boris has been helping but still I am not successful. I have been looking at your mods and I prefer them over the mods I have made to mavs file. I can't seem to get 3d buildings or speedcam mods to work at all. I suspect a couple of problems that I have made and will test tonight. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am going to download your data.zip file, but can you help me with getting these to work.

From what I understand Speedcam:

1. Copy your DATA.ZIP from the http://66.59.250.9:8000 to: \My Flash Drive\APL2\iGo

2. Copy the two safety cam database files - "Red_Light_Camera_us.txt", and "Speed_Trap.txt" to: MyFlashDrive\APL2\IGO\Content\SpeedCam from the http://66.59.250.9:8000

From what I understand 3D buildings:

1. Install hacked EZRider and a license pack from http://66.59.250.9:8000/GENERIC_iGO8_Wo ... roduct.rar

2. Copy building (3DC) files to CONTENT\building folder 3. Add

enable_buildings=1

line to [debug] section of SYS.TXT.

4. (optional) Add my setting.ui aтв setting_800_480.ui files to control building visibility on the fly 5. (optional) add some color schemes (i.e. Real View v6) to enable better building display.

I just received your file. Are these licenses applicable to the US and I also noticed you changed the top of the sys.text to [device] type="ASUS 63X"? will this work with the avic. This is what Boris wrote to me a little while ago:

1. Install hacked EZRider and a license pack 2. Copy building (3DC) files to CONTENT\building folder 3. Add

enable_buildings=1

4. (optional) Add my setting.ui aтв setting_800_480.ui files to control building visibility on the fly 5. (optional) add some color schemes (i.e. Real View v6) to enable better building display.

Boris also wrote:

To make it easier for everyone (and to save me from reading dozens of PMs):

in SYS.TXT, find [debug] section and add a line, if it's not there:

speedcam_enabled=1

Then:

extract the file from the attachment to SD card and copy ui_pioneer folder to APL2\iGO.

You will have settingXXX.ui files (to turn speedcamera functions on and off) and placeXXX.ui files to add/edit cams manually.

I guess those are the files for number 4 above

I just received your file. Are these licenses applicable to the US and I also noticed you changed the top of the sys.text to [device] type="ASUS 63X"? will this work with the avic. This is what Boris wrote to me a little while ago:

1. Install hacked EZRider and a license pack 2. Copy building (3DC) files to CONTENT\building folder 3. Add

enable_buildings=1

Boris also wrote:

To make it easier for everyone (and to save me from reading dozens of PMs):

in SYS.TXT, find [debug] section and add a line, if it's not there:

speedcam_enabled=1

Then:

extract the file from the attachment to SD card and copy ui_pioneer folder to APL2\iGO.

You will have settingXXX.ui files (to turn speedcamera functions on and off) and placeXXX.ui files to add/edit cams manually.

I guess those are the files for number 4 above

i think it be easier if you revert to all original files first,

1)download hacked ezrider and license file here, the only thing you'll be using from the downloaded file is the hacked ezrider and the license,

http://rapidshare.de/files/40903102/ir.zip.html

2)download my data.zip from the FTP site, download the one with the latest date,

3)add that and the DIGI font file to your igo folder.

4)add the sys.txt attached here,

5)add the speedcam database,

that's pretty much it, follow everything and it whould work

ok i downloaded your file from the web file manager and it had that font file in there. I put your data file in and i cant get past startup screen. there was an empty folder in the web file manager and another file .res, so there was only one data file to download. I dont know what i am doing wrong. this is nuts.

ok i downloaded your file from the web file manager and it had that font file in there. I put your data file in and i cant get past startup screen. there was an empty folder in the web file manager and another file .res, so there was only one data file to download. I dont know what i am doing wrong. this is nuts.

include the font file when you transfer the data.zip, that's the reason it's not booting up, the file to download is the one with the latest date,

i got everything to work. the buildings and speedcams. there werent any speedcams in my area or buildings but i did a sim thru new york and buildings and cameras showed up. the problem was the sys.txt file you had sent me. so i edited my sys.txt file by adding your map section for the sky and added enable speedcams=1. the differences between the files were these lines:

[interface] resolution_dir="400_240"; was added

[usb]

enable_on_shutdown=1

disable_on_startup=0

quitmap_msg_quits=0; was added

and

[timezone]

reset_os_timezone=0; was different then my file.

do i need these settings for anything, what do those do?

thanks a lot for your help looks great by the way

i got everything to work. the buildings and speedcams. there werent any speedcams in my area or buildings but i did a sim thru new york and buildings and cameras showed up. the problem was the sys.txt file you had sent me. so i edited my sys.txt file by adding your map section for the sky and added enable speedcams=1. the differences between the files were these lines:

[usb]

enable_on_shutdown=1

disable_on_startup=0

and

[timezone]

shit, guess i sent you a trial sys.txt, for the [usb] part, im just trying that one out, for the interface resolution i think i changed it cause i'm trying to make the igo pc to work, i'm glad to have everything fixed,

[usb]

enable_on_shutdown=1

disable_on_startup=0

and

[timezone]

shit, guess i sent you a trial sys.txt, for the [usb] part, im just trying that one out, for the interface resolution i think i changed it cause i'm trying to make the igo pc to work, i'm glad to have everything fixed,

I am running your mods and i love them. I already made a change in case your interested or anyone else to use the avic to choose what info is displayed in the route info box. Just let me know if you want that. I have a couple of questions I hope you dont mind.

1. the house numbers do not show when i hit the compass.

2. I would also like to move the compass down so i can have a larger clock similer to MAV's mod. When I make the clock the same size, the compass overlaps it a bit.

3. How can I add this to your mod viewtopic.php?t=20638 it looks pretty cool and i was thinking this was what your mod was missing and someone already added it, but i am having trouble.

4. Also can you let me know how to restore the original arrow for 2d mode.

Thanks, I would really appreciate your help hope i am not bothering you.

[usb]

enable_on_shutdown=1

disable_on_startup=0

and

[timezone]

I am running your mods and i love them. I already made a change in case your interested or anyone else to use the avic to choose what info is displayed in the route info box. Just let me know if you want that. I have a couple of questions I hope you dont mind.

2. I would also like to move the compass down so i can have a larger clock similer to MAV's mod. When I make the clock the same size, the compass overlaps it a bit.

3. How can I add this to your mod http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20638 it looks pretty cool and i was thinking this was what your mod was missing and someone already added it, but i am having trouble.

for #1 i too am working on route info,

for #2

;compass house number mod

look for this on the navigate_800_480.ui

i think you have to play with the y values to your liking i havent tried it though

for #3 look for this and add the code below to your navigate_800_480.ui, it already has the current speed so you could just delete that and replace it with the code below

;Display Posted Speed Limit 

;Display Elevation 

;Display Clocked Speed 

i didnt include the speed limit display because nothing is showing up here in canada, and i dont like the elevation display cause to me it was just nonsense,

for #4 download attached file extract and put in common folder

3. How can I add this to your mod http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20638 it looks pretty cool and i was thinking this was what your mod was missing and someone already added it, but i am having trouble.

for #1 i too am working on route info,

for #2

;compass house number mod

look for this on the navigate_800_480.ui

i think you have to play with the y values to your liking i havent tried it though

for #3 look for this and add the code below to your navigate_800_480.ui, it already has the current speed so you could just delete that and replace it with the code below

;Display Posted Speed Limit 

;Display Elevation 

;Display Clocked Speed 

i didnt include the speed limit display because nothing is showing up here in canada, and i dont like the elevation display cause to me it was just nonsense,

for #4 download attached file extract and put in common folder

I am running these mods and i love them. I already made a change in case your interested or anyone else to use the avic to choose what info is displayed in the route info box. Just let me know if you want that. I have a couple of questions.

1. the house numbers do not show when i hit the compass. I am considering adding MAV's clock, house numbers and compass function but i do not want it conflicting with your house number mod. please let me know if i am missing something.

I did 3 and 4 before reading the forum, i got lazy but i added all the codes i needed for the elevation and i used your current speed image, i liked it better. sorry to waste your time. Let me know if you want me to post the files i changed to get the route info box to regualr setting. I am gonna work on the items you just sent me.

i can give you the files or instructions on how to do the route info box. I also successfully added the compass and clock functions from MAV's mods to yours. Everything is just about perfect. Thanks for your help, i cant believe i actually got this stuff to work. Anyway this is the best forum i have ever used. Thanks all

i can give you the files or instructions on how to do the route info box. I also successfully added the compass and clock functions from MAV's mods to yours. Everything is just about perfect. Thanks for your help, i cant believe i actually got this stuff to work. Anyway this is the best forum i have ever used. Thanks all

i have the codes i need for the info box, just don't have the time to continuously mod it, as of this morning the only new mod i have is i changed the speed camera icon, speed warning box and current speed box into glossy pictures