AVIC411.com

Buick Rendezvous 900BT Install Help

I am installing the 900BT for a family member and would like some help on all the things I would need. I have installed things in my Passat 08 and have access to wiring diagrams etc, but NOT for this Buick (2003 Rendezvous, 6 speaker setup with standard stereo), which is entirely new to me. So consider me a newbie here.

So far I have marked the following to purchase:

Avic 900BT

Sirius/XM-- CD-SB10

Ipod Adaptor-- CD-IU230V

HD Radio-- GEX-P10HD

Retain Factory Chime etc-- Metra's GMOS-01 GM data bus interface

Rear Camera-- ND-BC20PA

Retain Steering wheel controls-- PAC SWI-PS

I would also like to replace all the speakers and get a subwoofer setup as well. Could you please advise me on what make and model of camera I could substitute for the Pioneer model above? Also, I'd like a good link on trim kits that would fit this Buick for teh cleanest look. I am lost on whether I need anything else like amps, crossovers etc. Please keep in mind that my Avic unti hasn't arrived yet so don't know what I'm looking at. Any and all help greatly appreciated.

It does not say Bose anywhere. So I gather that this is the 6 speaker standard system without an amp? So I can just install the avic, and use the current wires to the current speakers (and change the speakers at any future date without opening up dash again)?

Thanks so much for the help.

Speed Sense - green, 16 pin gray plug at BCM

Parking Brake - orange/black, pink plug at BCM or should be the only wire comming off the parking brake itself

The BCM (Body Control Module) is located at the front of the center console under the radio.

Reverse Light - lt. green, center console fusebox, black plug

duh, I'm sorry, I should have waited for the GMOS-01. The instructions on this doesn't require me to fish around for the wires I mentioned above. Instead it acts as a quick connect harness with instructions to connect to the existing factory harness that will have all the necessary wires anyway.

Don't understand the jack plug on the SWI-PS though. Were does this plug into on the 900BT? On the laoction for the wired remote input? If so, then it's too small for the standard 3.5mm jack on the 900BT....thanks in advance.