AVIC411.com

Daylight savings time works now?

i ended up changing my timezone to adjust for daylight savings time along with turning off autocorrection to get the correct time on my avic. But i noticed 2 days ago i got in and my clock was an hour off again so i turned on autocorrection and put back my timezone to the correct one and it is now working correctly. Has everyone's unit adjusted by now? I guess it turned out it was only off by about a week instead of a month like expected.

Yes my 700BT is displaying the correct time for me as of late yesterday evening. (I'm in Eastern Standard)

Funny thing was, I installed this unit two days ago and saw that the time was off. So I came in and checked this forum to see what was up. I went out pretty soon afterwords to play around again, and it had fixed itself! Cool!

If I remember correctly, Saturday, March 14 would have been the normal day that we would manually set our clocks forward before the feds changed to it's current DST schedule, hence the time change in Win CE should have set everbody's clock forward one hour. I didn't adjust my clock for the change and when I got in the truck on Sunday morning, my time was correct. Again, if I remember correctly, in Autumn, if we don't manually adjust our clocks in our AVICs, the time will adjust itself again 3 weeks after DST ends. I'm pretty sure the feds bumped it one week ahead in the Spring and 3 weeks back in Autumn.

If I remember correctly, Saturday, March 14 would have been the normal day that we would manually set our clocks forward before the feds changed to it's current DST schedule, hence the time change in Win CE should have set everbody's clock forward one hour.

Nope.. First Sunday in April was the old US change over.

U.S. and Canada before 2007

Start: First Sunday in April

End: Last Sunday in October

U.S. and Canada beginning in 2007:

Start: Second Sunday in March

End: First Sunday in November

I am currently waiting on the delivery of my f700, but am now using a different WinCe based head unit (not Pioneer). It did the same thing. The time issue is definitely a WinCE bug, and not attributed to Pioneer. There is a patch available for regular WinCe devices that corrects this issue. Not sure if it could be applied to these head units though.