AVIC411.com

Help please!! my new F500 is dead

Hello everyone.

I need help, I can not do.

Yesterday I bought an AVIC-F500 and the first thing I did was upgrade to version 2.0

After the update, aplication "telephone" is a fatal error.

I could not re-update. The GPS usually starts up but does not load the update.

After 4 hours of reading in this forum, I updated the firmware from http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/suppo ... 700BT.html.

It started to update, but when I restart, get the Pioneer logo and a few seconds the screen goes blank and turns off.

I can not do anything. I tried booting with different firmware. I tried to boot from TESTMODE and nothing. Never do anything. Only the screen goes blank and turns off.

Not that most do, and the gps is only one day ....

I´m from Spain, and it´s European version.

Please if anyone can help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for my bad english...

Thanks!

Do you have the original copy of your flash disk? Were u smart enough to make a copy of ur flash drive before replacing its contents from what you downloaded from the Web File Manager site http://66.59.250.9:8000/ ? If so My solution for a different problem I was working on might be able to help you out. I had a problem when doing the update as well my SD and USB had stopped working, I'm sure this will resolve ur issues.

You can read about it on this page at the bottom http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22470.

If you did not make a copy of ur flash drive after you started getting problems after the 2.0 update let me know and I will upload my flash disk to the Web File Manager and you can replace ur flash disk contents with mine. I have a fully functional Avic-F500 NorthAmerica updated to ver 2.0. I guess it won't help you since you have the European unit.

But for all those who start getting problems after the 2.0 update, all you have to do is copy the LPUE080 to ur SD card and boot into testmode. Then copy over all the files and folders inside the LPUE080 folder except the PLT folder and overwrite the ones in your flash disk. All the update does is delete old files and copy new ones. But I guess some idiot at pioneer wrote the copy tool since it does a shitty job of either deleting or copying files and messes up for the few ppl like you and I.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the trouble to reply.

Thanks again for offering up your copy of your drive.

The problem is that I can not boot into TESTMODE. If I understand correctly, put the folder that contains TESTMODE Copytool.exe and NNtestmode.exe at the root of SD. DO NOT put files in single root.

Anyway I tested both ways and will not start.

The odd thing is that it is assumed that only TESTMODE start Windows, it should not boot into the soft Pioneer. Why then does the Pioneer logo on and off? I do not understand.

I do not understand, because it is updated again with 2.0 if files are in SD.

Anyway, I can not think anything else, because TESTMODE not working, I can not access the drive at all.

Thanks again. If something occurs to you, here I am.

You have to copy the testmode and MiTACAP folders on to the root of your SD card. If the drive letter of your SD card is lets say S then this is what your directory structure will look like.

S:\testmode\

S:\MiTACAP\

The pioneer logo always comes on once and then when it is being displayed the system checks for something on the memory card. Once it finds these 2 folders the screen switches off and then on again and the pioneer logo shows up again for around 10-15 sec or maybe less. Then the copy window appears and viola ur in testmode.

I think you might have the ver 2.0 update folder and the testmode, MiTACAP folders on the root of the SD card at the same time. That might be causing a conflict or something. Just put the testmode and MiTACAP folders on the root of your SD card and nothing else. Create a new folder on the root and put the ver 2.0 LPUE080 folder inside the new folder you created. This way it won't pick up the update files and only pickup the testmode ones and hopefully boot you into testmode.

Well, no, no way to start TESTMODE. Which has been in the SD, does the Pioneer logo and 4 or 5 seconds, white screen and off.

I don't know that there may be wrong in the firmware, but whatever it is, do not understand why not start TESTMODE.

I tried to put LPUE080 in SD, only TESTMODE also with Mitacap and nothing ...

If I can not boot TESTMODE, I can not do anything, right? Unable to connect to a PC via USB or something?

No longer can I do that more, but if it does not work TESTMODE, I believe nothing else.

I'll have to send it to Pioneer for repair.

But gives a lot of anger when something is new and has given you no time or try.

And I have experience with ROM updates, but I never thought that an update of the original brand may be as risky and complicated. Or at least have some sort of protection that would re-flash in case of trouble.

Thank you very much again for your interest.

Greetings.

• 4 months later...

Not sure if you have resolved your problem.

Try to download the latest firmware for F500BT, should be 2.00.6. Put LPUE080 (and TTS optional) under root of an empty SD card.

Do a hard reboot of your F500BT, (press on the power botton for 5+ seconds to shut down, wait 10 seconds, and press power botton for 5+ seconds to start. It should automatically start up the firmware upgrade process.

• 5 years later...