AVIC411.com

AVIC-F700BT in 2002 Ford Sport Trac

you will need a dash kit (scosche FD1330B) and a wire harness (Metra 70-1771) with out sub or (Metra 70-5519) with factory sub. explorers are very easy, take out the factory radio, take off the dash bezel, assemble the dash kit around the AVIC and into the dash bezel, wire up the harness (if you have the factory sub, you will need to place a 1450 ohm resistor in line with the remote amp turn on wire so you dont get a "pop" when the radio turns on), run you mic and gps antenna and put it all back together.

you will need a dash kit (scosche FD1330B) and a wire harness (Metra 70-1771) with out sub or (Metra 70-5519) with factory sub. explorers are very easy, take out the factory radio, take off the dash bezel, assemble the dash kit around the AVIC and into the dash bezel, wire up the harness (if you have the factory sub, you will need to place a 1450 ohm resistor in line with the remote amp turn on wire so you dont get a "pop" when the radio turns on), run you mic and gps antenna and put it all back together.

Would i also need "PAC SWI-PS Sony and Pioneer Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface" to use the rear controls?

i just got off the phone with pac's tech support, they told me it will work fine with the SWI-PS, the rear audio controller acts just like the steering wheel controlls, it just uses a different wire than normal. the guy said to connect the SWI-PS's orange wire to the ford 20 pin harness, pin 6 (blue/pink) then connect pin 5 (blue/black) to the same acc wire as the red wire from the SWI-PS

Where do you plan to put the F700BT? I have a 2002 Sport Trac also. No Double-DIN unit will fit in the dash opening. The factory is a bit larger than 1 DIN, but smaller than 2 DIN. :?

i have the upgraded pioneer headunit which is double din

You mean the Pioneer 6-disc changer with rear seat controls? Yep. That's what I have (had, its' been replaced with the Pioneer 7000bt). The best way to check is go to Crutchfield and see what install dash kits are available for the '02 Sport Trac. I know when I was replacing my 6-disc unit that none of the double din aftermarket nav systems would fit. Just food for thought. :)

I just had the 700 installed on my 2002 Sport Trac 2 weeks ago with the metro dash kit and it looked like crap. The kit recessed the radio like 2 inches and you cannot get your fingers around the volume knob. Like mentioned in a previous post, the radio won't slide through the dash unless you completely cut out the plastic edges. I was able to push the radio forward so it doesn't look too bad but the trim piece that comes with the kit doesn't fit the radio correctly so it still doesn't look that good. I just ordered the Pioneer ADTVA133 Double Din Install Kit, I know it's not for F series but I saw some reviews that said it worked.

Where do you plan to put the F700BT? I have a 2002 Sport Trac also. No Double-DIN unit will fit in the dash opening. The factory is a bit larger than 1 DIN, but smaller than 2 DIN. :?

i have the upgraded pioneer headunit which is double din

You mean the Pioneer 6-disc changer with rear seat controls? Yep. That's what I have (had, its' been replaced with the Pioneer 7000bt). The best way to check is go to Crutchfield and see what install dash kits are available for the '02 Sport Trac. I know when I was replacing my 6-disc unit that none of the double din aftermarket nav systems would fit. Just food for thought. :)

big surprize that crutchfield is wrong again, crutchfield also says that a double din wont fit in my LS, but the kit that i bought from scosche and the fact that it did fit in, begs to differ. true that a "98" and up ford radio is smaller than double din, but if you look at the double din cage that you can get from pioneer, you can see that it has about a 1/4" space above and below the AVIC unit, so the unit itself is smaller than double din.

as an installer, i have installed many double din units into explorers, rangers, and F series with no problem. remember, crutchfield is not the Bible, if they dont have the free parts to give you (even if someone else makes them) they will tell you that it doesnt fit