AVIC411.com

starting problem (car not head unit) after install...

Hello all,

I recently installed a Pioneer F700BT in my 06 GTI and wired it up using a PAC harness (yup, already looking into Connects2- I know this but until then..). Things were fine for a few days but right now, the first start up every morning, the car doesn't turn over, goes completely dead, and I have to disconnect the battery and reconnect to get the car to start. The very first time this happened, I noticed the immobilizer light flashed, but it hasn't since then.... any ideas which wire I should check first in my connections? Could it be a bad PAC harness? I've tried searching under several different terms but haven't had any luck coming up with anyone else encountering this.

I found one post about a Toyota with similar problems but their system seemed to be configured differently than my VW. Would it be a grounding problem?

Any help is appreciated.... love the headunit...don't love popping the hood every morning.

Also, please let me know if I've left any info out that you may need. All connections were soldered and taped.

OK folks, just have to disconnect and reconnect the battery, no jump starting... but I connected the 'remote amp turn on lead' the 2nd day it was installed... and that's when it started.... so I've disconnected that and turned the sub amp onto Auto Signal Sensing... we'll see if that helps.

It's just weird because I could start the car 2 more times in a day or 6 more times and it works fine, it's only the first start up of the day.... we'll see. To be continued!