AVIC411.com

MIC Placement

hey guys,

where is the best place to put the MIC for the Z1/3? i was thinking on the driver side "A-Pillar." Or possibly down lower by the heater/ac controls? but that location is a good amount lower than normal cars (this is going on a 94 landcruiser).

or i was even thinking directly in front of driver (~1-1.5 ft away) on top of the dash.

thanks for any help/input

I was told by an installer the best place to put it was by the rear view mirror. I still haven't really thought of a good way of it looking good by there... so it sits with some tape by my speedo. I was also told that you shouldn't put it by the vents because the air might blow on the mic.

Does the mic that comes with the Z1/3 have the same holder that the F90BT has? Kind of a S shaped clip. If so, I hooked it to my headliner right next to the rear view mirror. It works out great because the sun visors do not interfere and the wire is just tucked up inside the headliner and run down the A Pillar through the dash to the head unit. Everything is concealed. I recently installed a f90bt in a 08 Subaru STI.