AVIC411.com

I just installed an avicf-700bt in my 2000 nissan maxima with the bose system, and my speakers arnt nearly as loud as they used to be with my stock cd player. I have it all the way up to 62 volume and its not loud at all. Already adjusted everything on the cd player to make it loud and its not anything compared to the stock loudness. Any ideas?

Anthony

I have the 700 as well in my 2000 Explorer. I am the opposite, I think it sounds GREAT!

The quality and volume from the premium speakers is very good and I added a cool sub woofer enclosure and amp for the back. So now I KICK ass.. :)

I was unsure if adding the sub would over power the main speakers but it is fine!

So the point is it must be something with your old factory amp etc.... I get it to 50 or 54 and it is LOUD!!!!

Did you try the loudness option? Mine is on low. EQ set to powerful??

if you have a bose system they used a connector part that goes inbetween the bose system harness and the pioneer harness. that needs to be turned up. it will be really loud after that

How do you turn it up?

not all premium sound systems have the module, some just have RCA plugs that just run into the amp's inputs. the output of the AVIC are not as strong as the factory systems. instead of plugging the rca's in to the AVIC (only if you do not have a module), you can wire them up to the speaker outputs of the AVIC. however you will then have the exact oppisite problem, the radio will be a lot louder than it should be and it will be very easy to blow the speakers so exercise caution

I have Nissan with Bose also. I used the 70-7551 harness and also noticed the volume was weak. Maybe as much as half as loud as the stock Bose system. After reading several forums on the topic, I found this to be a common complaint. The solution is to use a line out converter connected to the speaker outputs instead of the RCA pre-outs. I think you can pick up a Scoche model at Wal-Mart for about $20. I also had interference noise issues with my harness, so I replaced the Metra harness with a PAC ROEM-NIS2 harness that has the LOC built in. It cost about $50, but it fixed all my problem. It has all the other connections for power, amp turn on, dimmer .... and was a simple plug and play connection to the car. Now the system sounds great.