AVIC411.com

Help Connecting PAC SWI-PS to 08 STI and F90BT

Hello all,

I have a used f90bt coming to me. I have an 08 Subaru STI and its coming from an 08 STI. The previous owner soldered in the metra harness so all I need to do is plug everything in again.

He did not have a PAC unit for the steering wheel controls - and I wanted that. SO I got the new version of the PAC SWI PS.

I have a few questions about installing it:

1. When programming can I make the same button the answer call as the end call?

2. As I understand it from PACs site I use the red wire, black wire, and white wire from the PAC harness - but does anyone know exactly which color on the subies harness I am supposed to tap into for this?

3. Also, I am having a hard time understanding this part:

Connect Pin 6 (BROWN Wire) to chassis ground. Connect Pin 15 (YELLOW Wire) to the Interface's WHITE wire.

I understand tapping the yellow wire on the subaru side and connecting the white wire to it. But I don't understand what they want me to do with the brown wire - isnt it part of the harness? Why does it get cut and regrounded???

Thanks,

Jeff

Sgtpeper

Just installed a F90BT into a 08 STI myself!

Few questions for you:

Did the STI come equipped w/a factory subwoofer? If so, the wire colors will be different unless you do not want the sub to remain.

Don't think that the Metra harness has wires in the slots for the steering wheel controls (I used a Schoshe harness and it did not either). The "-" wire just gets grounded, but the "+" wire is hooked up to the white wire of the PAC SWI PS. If the Metra harness does not have these wires you will need to cut them free of the factory harness and hook them up as described above.

Tell me if you have the factory sub and I can tell you what color wires to look for.

Instructions for the PAC SWI PS install:

Yellow wire on Subaru harness (Pin 14) goes to White on the PAC (the diagram below is depicted as you are looking at the pin side of the harness, NOT the wire side)

Brown wire on Subaru harness (Pin 5) goes to ground

Connect Red wire on PAC to the switched 12+ on the metra harness which should be Red.

Connect Black wire on PAC to the Ground on the metra harness.

_____2___3___4___5___6___7___8___9___10

1_______________________________________20

_____11__12__13__14__15__16__17__18__19

The jack on the PAC gets plugged into the wired remote plug on the back of the f90bt near the center. Then you program per the instructions included. You can also view the instructions for the 08 Impreza on the PAC website. The above info is per their instructions. Like I said earlier, I don't think the metra harness has wires present in the PIN 5 & PIN 14 locations so you may have to cut these wires free of the factory harness to hook them up as described above. Good luck!

Thanks, that makes sense.

My only remaining question is about the brown wire on the subaru harness. Its currently in use for something correct? SO I have to cut it and make it go to a chassis ground? I'm just a bit lost as to what the use is for this wire if that makes sense. Is it the ground of the power for the steering wheel buttons and I need to cut it and ground it? Does my question make sense??

Thanks,

If you have checked the matching pin on the metra harness and it DOES NOT have a wire for PINs 5 & 14, then yes you will need to cut those and hook up accordingly. The Brown wire is the negative side of the Steering wheel controls and therefore should be cut & grounded if the metra harness does not have a wire there. Does that make sense?