AVIC411.com

Avic F900BT Bluetooth and VR not operating right

First let me say that I have been installing Pioneer head units for about 15 years or so. I have installed many others brands as well BUT I always install Pioneer units in my personal vehicles. I have always felt they had superior sound to other units on the market. I was really on the fence about buying the 900BT over other nav units that I install on a daily basis but because of the price I decided to try one out for myself. For whatever reason we haven't installed one of these at my work yet so this is the first.

The first thing that completely shocked me was that there was no infared remote.....what is Pioneer thinking here?? This is the first unit in over 15 or so that I have owned that didn't come with a remote control and even worse there is no sensor built into the unit at all to even purchase one later.

Here is the biggest problem for me and probably going to be the deal breaker that makes me return this unit for a Visteon or Eclipse nav unit, the voice Rec and Blue tooth doesn't work correctly. I honestly believe it has to be the microphone. When I make a call the person on the other end says that they can barely hear me. Even if I get right up to the mic there is barely a difference on the other end. When I try to use the VR the unit cannot hear me well at all either. At first I thought that it was something in my phone so I paired two other phones with the exact same results. I am not really sure where to go from here, I am going to call Pioneer tomorrow and talk with their techs and see what they think and hopefully they will send me out a new mic. If that doesn't fix the problem I will have no choice but to send the unit back and try something else.

Same problem here. VR is terrible - atleast for me. BT works but it does sound like I am a long way from he mic. I have it mounted in top center area. I too will call Pioneer tech tomorrow and see what they say.

Just curious which BT firmware version you are using? I am using the latest HW100-SW330-RC3 and wonder if reverting it back to the older firmware will make a difference? Does anyone know where the older firmware can be found?

Well I called Pioneer today and explained my Mic problem and they said that it sounds like the Mic is bad. Lucky for me I had another Avic F-900BT come in for a customers car and I managed to take the Mic home with me and try it out. THe new Mic sounds exactly like the other one so its not the Mic, it must be the unit. I have a replacement unit on the way, hopefully that fixes the problem. My supplier told me he has sold hundred's of they units and I am the first one to ever have a Mic problem. I told him to take a peek on this site and he will see that this isn't a isolated problem.

• 2 months later...