AVIC411.com

Video converter and its settings for best video performance

Hi,

i looked around here a lot and i tried alot of video converter and settings but i didnt satisfy about the video quality of f500 exactly.

Please give me a video converter name and its detailded settings for convert the all videos for best video performance that i can obtain with avic F series.

Ä° think if i choose higher quality settings,it is over load the avic processor hence decrease the quality.If i choose lower quality settings it is also decrease quality. I think there is a optimum settings for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

i looked around here a lot and i tried alot of video converter and settings but i didnt satisfy about the video quality of f500 exactly.

Please give me a video converter name and its detailded settings for convert the all videos for best video performance that i can obtain with avic F series.

Ä° think if i choose higher quality settings,it is over load the avic processor hence decrease the quality.If i choose lower quality settings it is also decrease quality. I think there is a optimum settings for it.

TRY win avi converter

I tried winavi converter.

I tried different output formats but avic con not play. i tried :

Divx HD 720 480,

divx HD 1280 720,

mpeg4 video codec v3 (in advanced section)

any of them didnt work. Avic f500 cant play.

Which options must i selecet on winavi. Please say in detail.

Thank you

I use 1 Click DVD Pro w/DVD43 to rip (backup) DVDs. This will get you a (*.vob) file that's about 1 gb. I then use ULEAD Movie Factory to process the (*.vob) files into a workable 700 mb (*.mepg). Vwa-la! I archive this file for future watching or for firends and delete the original (*.vob) because of the file size. It's identical to the original, perfectly.

I use Total Video Converter for any format changes, from the above mentioned process. (I.e. mpeg, avi, etc...)

This may seem like a lot to go through but, I usually rip any DVD I get anyway. Well this is what I use and I haven't seem any ill effects on my f90, or major pixeling like the pictures shown.

Oh ya, I don't use Ipods, USB's, or SDcards for my movies, usually just mount all of them on a DVD, so I'm not sure if that's where the difference is or not. Du-No??

Probably didn't help much, but Good luck...

i use Xilisoft iPod Mate 2.0

It contains the following 3 programmes and will do anything and much more than you need. The only thing i have not found out from anyone in the forum is what format is used on an SD card for the pioneer. If someone can help me with that it would be much appreciated. The quality on the ipod with the following programmes is superb on the avic and conversion is very fast. I hope this helps. Do a rapidshare search for the programme

Xilisoft iPod Video Converter v3.1.39.0809b

Xilisoft DVD To iPod Converter

Xilisoft iPod Rip

• 3 weeks later...

Thos block and distortions you see is called macro blocking every digital display has them, even high end tvs. They are caused in the video processor inside the tv or the unit. The better the processor the less visable the macro blocking is. It is usually more visable in darker scenes and in blues. Part of the reason this happens is that a digital screen can not reproduce a true black and a true white so their contrast ratio is limited, and when they are trying to show shadows on a color or backgrond the processor has a hard time blending the shades of the color into the shadow. If you want to know more about it go to http://www.avsforum.com/ and do a search on macro blocking or just video blocks and read. Hopefully this helps.

• 1 year later...

I use Handbrake and set it to Universal Ipod. It converts most media types and has a ton of output formats. It's also free.

I am trying Handbrake as well, but no luck playing videos on my Avic-Z120bt.

Have anybody succeeded converting movies with Handbrake? If so please share your settings.

Thanks a lot.

There have been a couple of threads where people finally figured out what the best settings were for USB/SD media performance but I don't remember what the titles of the threads were. Search through the "troubleshooting" forums and you will likely find them.