AVIC411.com

Help - System startup in progress - can't get past it!

I have a confirmed good data.zip file that I had been using for several days. Using a copy of it I began playing around with themes and such. This morning I made a theme change that included some changes in the gfx folders in the data.zip file, otherwise it was simply copying over additional theme .zip files into the scheme folder.

Well, the data.zip file went from around 5.3MB to around 12MB. Boot time was admittedly slow and after about two minutes it rebooted. I decided that the theme wasn't worth the trouble and put the old, confirmed data.zip file back in place that I was using earlier in the morning.

When I boot I get the "system startup in progress" message and it never goes away. Two minutes later it reboots.

Is something caching? How do I get back working again using my old data.zip file??

andy.harper@gmail.com

Update - I have a folder structure that looks a little something like this...

mod 01 - add speed limit signs, your speed

mod 02 - add sw bypass

mod 03 - add mute, cancel route button, sat signal, etc

mod 04 - add linear compass

mod 05 - color schemes

mod 06 - more schemes, speed limit value change

So I ultimately made some sort of mistake in the mod 06 data.zip file. I rolled back to my confirmed mod 05 data.zip file and have the same results. Thinking that it could be possible that I over wrote a file somewhere I decided to roll back to mod 04 and mod 03 data.zip files to see if I could get the unit to boot right at all... nope. Regardless of what data.zip file I use I get the "system startup in progress" message on top of the menu and it sits for a couple minutes, then reboots.

Surely something is cache'ing. How do I clear it out?

Last update for now. I deleted the files located in 'My Flash Disk/USER/UserData/iGo/save' and 'My Flash Disk/USER/UserData/SETUP' and the unit reset initially to what looked like a factory default setting… had to select English, etc. There were 20 files and folders in the first folder, 5 in the second. Seemed to hang up longer than normal during the boot process but finally “came to†without the system startup message (realistically 1 minute). I hit the map button and all of my mods were still in place (I rolled to my “mod 05†data.zip file before doing this). I left the truck running for about 5 minutes or so, tested driving and hitting the menus and everything seems ok. The only thing I really had to re-do was adding my boot screen back and resetting some EQ stuff, otherwise it so far appears that everything is ok.

Fingers crossed. I think I’m done playing with modifications to the color scheme unless someone can help me figure out how to do it in a dummy proof way.

I'm posting my answer here in case someone else runs into something similar.