AVIC411.com

bluetooth module z1 and sprint pcs treo 650 disconnect fix

hi all, well i have found out something that i thought i would share.
have you guys had issues with the cell phone not staying connected to the z1 headunit? well here is the solution that i did for myself.

i have the treo 650 by sprint pcs and i just installed the bluetooth module for the avic z1. i tried to link it up and it seemed like it wouldnt stay connected. it kept on disconnecting. i just couldnt understand at first why it was doing that. I did the download upgrade for the cell phone from palmone.com about a month ago so i thought it whould work because of the new patch. the new patch is supposed to fix the car kit issue the treo650 has. the original program would have the cell phone turn off from the any bluetooth connection. but with a car kit the screen should turn off but the main connection needs to still be there. with the new patch/program upgrade the screen turns off and the connection still stays on.

well i did some experiments .... later on.... i found out that i had to redo the patch again. it was because i had used my other bluetooth headset on the phone during the month and it needed to be erased from the cell completely. if you have the same problem i did just redo the upgrade from palmone.com erase any other bluetooth connection from your cell phone and it should work fine. its been about 5 hours of total use and no more disconnection so far. if you guys just go in and erase it from the phone without the full upgrade it wont work. i tried that. there is a selection in the bluetooth on the phone that lets you erase but that wont work. it needs the hard reloaded upgrade for this to work. so far i have only link it up with the z1 and no other bluetooth items.

hope this helps some people out.